support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Saxophones Enjoying my Beaugnier Vito

Mack

Locality
Devon

Really enjoying playing my Beaugnier / Vito alto. Bought it from Mark Wiseman over on the Isle of Wight ("the little sax shop" on eBay. Good seller by the way - full descriptions and accompanying YouTube videos - don't know if Mark's a forum member..?).

I get the impression that there are many different variants in the Beaugnier/Vito/Leblanc/Noblet stable - I think I've got lucky with this one.

And no this isn't me playing - it's Mark but maybe when I get the hang of recording I'll post something.

Does anyone else play one of these horns? Difficult to find out much about them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really glad you like it! I imagine that there are very few around and that most people have not tried them. From what I have read they may well be an undiscovered bargain!

Yes, I have one. Just having a leak fixed as we speak before it goes back up for sale.

Pics here: http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/slideshow/24294741

I saw your one advertised for around £600. Did you end up getting it for less?

Great tone, just the vintage ergonomics take a bit of getting used to. What were you playing before?

Last edited by a moderator:
They come in quite a few guises, I have the Noblet tenor version which I am regrettably selling at the moment in order to fund another project. Beaugnier according to info I have gleaned from t'interweb were a very good manufacturer and after owning and playing mine for a few years I can only agree, one thing that is worth mentioning is that it's pitch was faultless, even with me at the sharp end.

That's some youtube clip. If it sounds that good through the pooter it must have a real presence in person.

That's some youtube clip. If it sounds that good through the pooter it must have a real presence in person.

It does - and mark wiseman's other alto clips on YouTube sound quite different - even the other beaugnier alto. Think I have found a keeper! The keywork is fine and it was recently repadded by ray colomb. I paid near the asking price I think. Still a bargain when you think what selmers go for. I also bought a beautiful Pierret soprano from Mark which I probably need to sell - times is 'ard. The clip is probably still on Yowchoob somewhere.

Sounds like a nice alto. Does anyone know the tune that he is playing on the youtube clip? I've heard the tune before, but can't think of the name. Any help identifying is much appreciated.

Is your Vito serial number 10105A?

If so, may have some info for you from Kim Slava (Doctor Sax).

;}

Found out the name, it's "Affirmation" written by José Feliciano, played by George Benson on his Breezin album! Sounds just as good on sax as on guitar!

Is your Vito serial number 10105A?

If so, may have some info for you from Kim Slava (Doctor Sax).

;}

No, mine is in the 4000's. I'm still interested though - is it like lottery numbers? Would I have had the Euromillions Sax?! Just scratch off he lacquer to reveal the winning serial number!!! Now there's an idea...

Back
Top Bottom