support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Don Barrigo tutorial

David 1956

I have a soft cover A4 size book of 116 pages entitled "THE SAXOPHONE, A Modern Method by DON BARRIGO"
It looks to be published by Lafleur and sold through Boosey & Hawkes
Does anyone know anything about this volume please? I can find no reference to it anywhere on theinternet.
Thanks

Hi. Don Barrigo was an English tenor player born in 1906, whose professional career covered more than 30 years in both England and later South Africa after 1948. He played and recorded for several years in the '30's with Lew Stone and Nat Gonella as featured "jazz" tenor, and also recorded a couple of sides with Joe Venuti in 1934. I haven't seen that tutor, but it sounds like one of the "generic" instrument tutors issued by publishing houses like B & H under the name of musicians who were famous or well-known at the time. I have several similar books under the names of Al Starita, Bud Freeman, Jimmy Dorsey, Sylvester Ahola, etc....

Hi, Thanks for the info. I hadn't considered that it may be a generic in type. I'm really just after information because I'm looking to sell it, it was my father's and I'm working my way through his "stuff".