• New!

    Try our new Social Feeds, look out for the navigation icon: . You can now set default social feed view in your account preferences.

Tech/maintenance DIY Saxophone Synthetic Neck Cork

In the end I ordered these:


£5.49 for two packs of three corks including shipping (6 corks total). Took 2 weeks to arrive.

Just used three...

20230209_144555.jpg


Easy to cut and sand. I cut the end angle with a razor blade for the first two, then tried my wife's Olfa 45mm fabric cutter for the third...

20230209_145243.jpg


...much easier to cut the cork, very neat and a perfectly straight edge.
 
In the end I ordered these:


£5.49 for two packs of three corks including shipping (6 corks total). Took 2 weeks to arrive.

Just used three...

View attachment 22439

Easy to cut and sand. I cut the end angle with a razor blade for the first two, then tried my wife's Olfa 45mm fabric cutter for the third...



...much easier to cut the cork, very neat and a perfectly straight edge.
Interesting, I guess if you only needed a couple it’s not bad. @ £5.49 including delivery is about £0.92 each. ($6.65USD/$1.11ea.)

I buy 50 packs off Amazon for $23.19 / £19.15 delivered that’s $0.46 /£0.83ea. 60x40x2mm or 2-3/8 x 1-9/16 x 5/64.
The quality is fine. The porosity actually holds a little extra cork grease. The cork that is glass smooth holds none. I haven’t had any split on me either. I cut the bevel at about 30°.

1676012202319.webp

1676012741575.webp
 
Amazon show out of stock, but I'll have a look on Amazon UK.
I know I need one more of the three I have left, but bound to need more in future so that's a good price for bulk.
I ordered midday Friday. Received notice mid day Saturday that they had shipped. still indicating March 6 as the delivery date. I’ll be out by then.
 

Similar threads... or are they? Maybe not but they could be worth reading anyway 😀

Trending

Latest Song of the Month

Forum statistics

Topics
32,262
Messages
576,074
Members
8,083
Latest member
Reedswinds
Back
Top Bottom