support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Saxophones De-Mythifying the Purple Logo

so, what's the verdict here? What difference will it make to my 62 mk1 alto if I upgrade and put a G1/3 neck on? Or... would it be better to save the pennies and wait to upgrade to 82Z ? - Oh no, I foresee a trip to woodwind exchange and ... well.. we all know how that goes!!
so, what's the verdict here? What difference will it make to my 62 mk1 alto if I upgrade and put a G1/3 neck on? Or... would it be better to save the pennies and wait to upgrade to 82Z ? - Oh no, I foresee a trip to woodwind exchange and ... well.. we all know how that goes!!

I thought the sound of my YTS-62 MK-I too shrill. Making an adaptation to use the G1 neck, you'll get a more velvety sound. Really makes a difference in sound. It can be an alternative if you are not willing to invest in a 82 or 875 now.

Can't be too much of the Third World if all sax players are playing 62 series Yamahas and Mark VI Selmers...:)

what's parked in your garage...Porsche...Ferrari...Rolls Royce...?:rofl:

Greg S.

kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk...

"he he he" = a smile
"kkk" = LOL

"...new car, caviar, four star daydream
Think I'll buy me a football team..."

Last edited:
The advertise says that it is silver with golden keys and with the same serial number written on neck...
Give it a look. There is a website called something like "the Martin story" where you will get all info relevant to that tenor. They are regarded as excellent horns. I also have other horns such as Cannonball, Yams, etc but my heart is with Martin (and the YTS 62 and 875 Yams!)

Back
Top Bottom