support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Saxophones De-Mythifying the Purple Logo

so, what's the verdict here? What difference will it make to my 62 mk1 alto if I upgrade and put a G1/3 neck on? Or... would it be better to save the pennies and wait to upgrade to 82Z ? - Oh no, I foresee a trip to woodwind exchange and ... well.. we all know how that goes!!
so, what's the verdict here? What difference will it make to my 62 mk1 alto if I upgrade and put a G1/3 neck on? Or... would it be better to save the pennies and wait to upgrade to 82Z ? - Oh no, I foresee a trip to woodwind exchange and ... well.. we all know how that goes!!

I thought the sound of my YTS-62 MK-I too shrill. Making an adaptation to use the G1 neck, you'll get a more velvety sound. Really makes a difference in sound. It can be an alternative if you are not willing to invest in a 82 or 875 now.

he he he... Come to Brazil, my friend! Come to third world! he he

Can't be too much of the Third World if all sax players are playing 62 series Yamahas and Mark VI Selmers...:)

what's parked in your garage...Porsche...Ferrari...Rolls Royce...?:rofl:

Greg S.

Can't be too much of the Third World if all sax players are playing 62 series Yamahas and Mark VI Selmers...:)

what's parked in your garage...Porsche...Ferrari...Rolls Royce...?:rofl:

Greg S.

kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk...

"he he he" = a smile
"kkk" = LOL

"...new car, caviar, four star daydream
Think I'll buy me a football team..."

Last edited:
...dum dum de dum dar dee dum, dum dum de dum dar dee dum

Cue sax

kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk...

"he he he" = a smile
"kkk" = LOL
..."

From what I remember the kkk is absolutely nothing to LOL about ....... :eek:

Most look for 62 Mk1s (and 61s) for the shrill sound , I love it in an Alto but not in a Tenor, my 62AG Mk2 is just fine :)

From what I remember the kkk is absolutely nothing to LOL about ....... :eek:

In web chats in Brazil we laugh loud writing "kkkk"...
But I will remember to write LOL from now on

I have two Imperials, one Comm II and a Martin Master "Typewriter" all altos.

Wow! Very nice collection!

"Money, it's a hit
Don't give me that do goody good bull****
I'm in the high-fidelity first class travelling set
And I think I need a lear jet.." :clapping:

The advertise says that it is silver with golden keys and with the same serial number written on neck...
Give it a look. There is a website called something like "the Martin story" where you will get all info relevant to that tenor. They are regarded as excellent horns. I also have other horns such as Cannonball, Yams, etc but my heart is with Martin (and the YTS 62 and 875 Yams!)

Wow! Very nice collection!

"Money, it's a hit
Don't give me that do goody good bull****
I'm in the high-fidelity first class travelling set
And I think I need a lear jet.." :clapping:

One does not have a Lear jet because One needs one.
One has one because One can have one, or two.

The advertise says that it is silver with golden keys and with the same serial number written on neck...
Also Salvio you have possibly the best collection of saxophones on the forum...........unless someone can better it?

Back
Top Bottom