Photo contest

Saxophones Dave Guardala

It so hard to say who made the saxes. And who owned the brands/companies.

TA Triumph Adler AG group was formed in the early 90's and the Vogtländische Musikinstrumentenfabrik GmbH ( VEB B&S back in the DDR/GDR days). "Keilwerth" moved thier production from Nauheim to Vogtländische Musikinstrumentenfabrik in east Germany around 2005/2006.

Here is two pictures from BWWW catalog from 96/97 and 2000.

DG2000.JPGdg9697.JPG

B&S, Kohlert, Amati, Guban Arta, several Italian makers. Lots of stenciling going on in middle and southern Europe at the time.

When I was a kid, in the late 1970s, my granddad got me an old Dolnet alto. My parents went together with me to a sax tech, who said it was junk (maybe that one was indeed), and they should throw it away and buy a decent sax.

Unfortunately it disappeared indeed (I don't know how, but I would have wanted to have it, if only for sentimental reasons), but fortunately my sax teacher at the time helped to buy me a Martin alto :)
That area used to be called the Musik Winkel and at some point it is estimated that about 25% of all instruments world wide were made there. Of course that was over 300 years ago but, indeed, that's where the stencil originated.

Latest: Members' Recordings

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom