Photo contest

Daily Check In

Morning....Happy Friyaaay! I'm just having a cuppa before setting off for work. It's a beautiful day, bright and sunny, blue sky but jeepers its cold, I've put my car on to warm and defrost before I get in. I love the uk, particularly yorkshire, obviously God's own country, and I suppose without our funny climate it wouldn't be the same, but its blinking nearly May! A degree or two warmer would be good! Anyway, have a good day everyone, x

Preparing for two very Dutch performances.

The first one is tomorrow in Breda with the All time music band around one o clock at the kasteelplein. The celebration of Kings day. You can recognize me by my pointy orange hat.

The second one,, completely different, is with the stage band for the Dutch remembrance day on may 4th at the Waalhof cemetery in Hendrik Ido Ambacht.

Just finished a post on "Impro & Theory". My post have absolutely nothing to do with improvising and theory. I woke up around 5 am and walked the dog. A cup of coffee and read the paper. A young female cultural journalist asked where are the female musicians are doing these days. Around 120 concerts coming summer and just 13 of then have women as main act/artist!?!?!?! Is it the same in UK, US ...... ? Also did some saxophone honking this morning. The Snake comes out better from my sax .... but still hard. No good at all ton be honest. But it good exercise to try to make it sound better. Minor, telling a vocal melody with my sax ..... .

Quite a heavy frost first thing. I've spent the morning mowing grass, strimming edges, potting some shrubs into big pots, and weeding a border.

Typical April weather with warm sunny spells but very sharp when the sun disappears.

Painted a repair to the house.

1000001192.jpg

Previous owners had cut a slot in the rain barrier for a fence. Barbaric, if you ask me. This is incredibly expensive iron wood! Anyway, the fence had rotted and needs replacing (more on that in the coming months). I had to find a replacement chunk. Luckily a renovation down the road had an off cut that I sanded and chiseled to fit...ish. Put undercoat a week ago (its still chilly, things dry slowly), quick kraftvask and, today, used some leftover Gamle Hus Rød from when I last painted the house.
And that, folks, is life in Norway.

Last edited:
Painted a repair to the house.

View attachment 25983

Previous owners had cut a slot in the rain barrier for a fence. Barbaric, if you ask me. This is incredibly expensive iron wood! Anyway, the fence had rotted and needs replacing (more on that in the coming months). I had to find a replacement chunk. Luckily a renovation down the road had an off cut that I sanded and chiseled to fit...ish. Put undercoat a week ago (its still chilly, things dry slowly), quick kraftvask and, today, used some leftover Gamle Hus Rød from when I last painted the house.
And that, folks, is life in Norway.
Jeepers, ironwood is extremely expensive and very difficult to obtain. Is this American Hornbeam or Lignum Vitae?

Jeepers, ironwood is extremely expensive and very difficult to obtain. Is this American Hornbeam or Lignum Vitae?
No idea. It's just what they call it - or "nail wood", difficult to translate.
But it's very hard and heavy & expensive. The idea is the panels basically sit on it and the water / air circulate to keep the wood from rotting. Which works.

Morning all

Falling asleep on the settee at night really messes my sleep pattern. Up early but may go back.

Supposed to be mattress shopping today, oh joy!

Any recommendations?

Jx

Morning all

Falling asleep on the settee at night really messes my sleep pattern. Up early but may go back.

Any recommendations?

Jx
Morning! We have one of those dormeo ones which is very comfy but the top cover of it does 'bobble' where you lay on it and look a bit unsightly but it's just cosmetic, the mattress itself is very comfy x

Morning all

Any recommendations?

Jx
A 2000 pocket spring from a good manufacturer.
Don't be embarrassed about give it a good test in the shop, though not so good that you are asked to leave.

Back
Top Bottom