All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Everything Saxophone: Daily Checklist

Nick Wyver

noisy
Subscriber
Blimey. I put it in my mouth and blow.

If I had to think about all that I'd have to go and have a lie down.

Young Col

Ben
Do you mean oral (the mouth) rather than aural cavity (the inner ear?)? I guess you can only change the mouth cavity by moving the tongue, since the roof of the mouth is fixed - unless you take your teeth out :shocked:!

Surely which part of the tongue you use depends on whether you are legato or staccato tongueing?
YC

1954pip

hi ben
i have just read your blog :shocked: i think i am going for a lay down for a while in a darken room :w00t:

Ben
Do you mean oral (the mouth) rather than aural cavity (the inner ear?)? I guess you can only change the mouth cavity by moving the tongue, since the roof of the mouth is fixed - unless you take your teeth out :shocked:!

Surely which part of the tongue you use depends on whether you are legato or staccato tongueing?
YC
Oral cavity for sure! Sorry about that.

As far as tonguing goes, I prefer toward the tip of the tongue, maybe with some variation, just so much more clarity. Another technique (George Garzone uses) anchor tonguing. Involves tonguing with a different part of your tongue, but I don't know much more about it.

Saxholder Pro

Staff online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom