support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Saxophones Considering to buy a new alto saxophone

Opening up the second-hand door alters the conversation significantly (personally I agree that one gets way more for their money going second hand but there are additional dynamics involved, then...)
That is very very true... (kind of a labyrynthic rabbit hole indeed)

Hi,
is there any special feature or characteristic of the mentioned horns?

A good question ! (I assume you mean 'other than price point ')
Yes. There are a lot more options at this price point.
I recently got a 32 Purple Logo back from an overhaul (property of the music school I'm teaching at), and this horn plays so great I could not imagine preferring any taiwanese horn.
Or, if you prefer an "earthier" sound, you could find a Mark VII.

Cheers, Guenne

Yes. There are a lot more options at this price point.
I recently got a 32 Purple Logo back from an overhaul (property of the music school I'm teaching at), and this horn plays so great I could not imagine preferring any taiwanese horn.
Or, if you prefer an "earthier" sound, you could find a Mark VII.

Cheers, Guenne
True; I agree with your general opinion - good arguments can be made for second-hand horns - however OP has suggested due to his particular situation, he prefers to purchase new.

he prefers to purchase new
Ok - Yamaha YAS 62 :)
But the risk of getting a mediocre horn is just as big as with buying a second hand horn, where you could also try to make an agreement with the seller to send it back within a certain period.
I'd go 2nd hand, nevertheless :)

Cheers

I struggled with a Mauriat tenor because it didn't suit my big hands... Just another thing to worry about, or not

@JayeNM

Hello, following your advice ... I found a YAS-62II that could be in good condition (€ 1600). It is silver and with very little use. I know it is not a YAS-62III that you indicated on your list and for this reason I would like to know your opinion. Please excuse me , if the pictures are too bigs. Thank you,
2018-09-07 17.58-600x600.jpg
2018-09-07 19.41.47-600x600.jpg

How about a used SA80II? I preferred this to my 62 purple logo. More flexibility. Can you find one to try?

How about a used SA80II? I preferred this to my 62 purple logo. More flexibility. Can you find one to try?
Well ... it's not that easy. My budget is limited ... SA80 II is out my range.

It would be very useful for me to know your opinion about the YAS-62II. I am very focused on this buying opportunity

SA80II 2nd hand would be in budget in the UK if I was looking for one. I've not played a 62II. I do have a soft spot for 23 models, or the cheaper but identical Vito 21/23 which looks and is identical. They are so cheap, if you can find one, that it's difficult to convince yourself they sound as good as they do. Yamahas bought at a good price usually can be sold on with no loss when you find something you prefer.

Back
Top Bottom