support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Accessories Case for 12m

B Flat

Hello all.
I'm looking for suggestions for a baritone sax case to suit a 1936 12m.
I have a 12m on its way to me minus the case (due to shipping restrictions).
So far I have heard that it should fit in a Protec contoured case and possibly the DEG replacement cases.
Just wondering what others are using and their thoughts.
I like the look of the SKB455W which is the contoured case with wheels, but read somewhere that it wont fit a 12m.
Can anyone confirm or deny this?
Thanks Nick.

I too own a 12M it came without case. It definitely won't fit the SKB, it will fit the Protec which is designed to take both Low A & B flat saxes. The case does not IMHO offer the best of protection and I wouldn't trust it on a plane, but it is serviceable I' ve had mine 3 years and it is used regularly for Weekly Big Band practice and gigging. Hope this helps.

Thank you.
Yes it does help.
I'm not planning on flying with it, just some occasional car travel and general storage etc.
Would you say it's a snug fit without too much movement?
Thanks Nick.

It's a good fit with plenty of padding my only reservation is the space where the 'missing' section of the bell is. I use a large piece of foam covered in cloth to eliminate the space. The horn has never suffered any damage in transit so far.

Great, thanks for that.
I think I'll look at getting the Protec case.
I have a couple of them for tenor and they seem to suit a number of different horns and protect quite well.
I'm not a big fan of zippers on a sax case, but there doesn't seem to be to many options when it comes to baritones.
Thanks again.
Nick.

For my 12m cow I use this
http://www.musical-bags.com/en/main/598/a_bb_baritone_sax_superbags_allfibre_shaped_black

Not sure if you can find one in OZ

Last edited:
The protec are pretty bomb proof, but I would check its weight first, for me it was just too much. I prefer my berkley London case, but u can only find them used.
Cheers, m.

yes,very rough....but....its a long way from anywhere....
with the new "ebay global shipping program",cases can come to oz for around $60 from the US...
maybe try that avenue out....
cheers,philip
p.s.got a great berkley of london case the other day with a 61 baritone....they are good small cases....

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom