support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Saxophones Cannonball Gerald Albright Alto

Here you go. Georgia On My Mind

If this doesn't give you goosebumps, check your pulse. :cool:

It did. I've just downloaded the "best of" album to my iPhone. That now makes 21 albums in 3 months of Sax players - many I'd heard of but most I'd never really heard before.

I tell my photography students to look at great photographs to work out how they were constructed, to help them produce better images. This is my own personal aural study of the great sax players in the hope that some of it will "rub off".

Maybe not, but, I'm certainly starting to hear some of the techniques that I've previously only read about. It's all adds to the general learning curve, and most of all it's great music that new to me!

My saturday nights have never been so melodic - and telly-free! :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:
Incidentally, since this thread started, so did my GAS and I've been looking around the 'net, for a ballpark price for the Cannonball Gerald Albright Signature (it also makes a relevant abbreviation). But I couldn't see a store evening selling them online (including Sax.co.uk).

Then I saw on the Cannonball website that they are not allowed to be sold online as Cannonball like them to be set up properly. This sounds great in many way, other than for those of us in Ireland.

But, then I found the following link (and if RyanCannonball is still around, he may like to see it too).

[Dead link removed. Kev]

I guess the one photoman has seen might be second hand. If not, it does seem that the retailer in question is not complying with Cannonball's policy.

The sterling price on it suggests new though (around £2,900 after import and VAT).

I guess the one photoman has seen might be second hand. If not, it does seem that the retailer in question is not complying with Cannonball's policy.

The sterling price on it suggests new though (around £2,900 after import and VAT).

It doesn't say it's "used" and if you click the "alto sax" link, there are a whole range of Cannonballs for sale (and they all read as new instruments).

But they're in the USA, so no warranty, shipping & import duties as well as VAT to pay.

I wasn't actually thinking of buying it. I was sugggesting that they may be working outside of the stated Cannonball policy - and was wondering if it also applies in the USA?

It doesn't say it's "used" and if you click the "alto sax" link, there are a whole range of Cannonballs for sale (and they all read as new instruments).

Well I didn't click the link but you're right, they all seem to be new so it would seem to be in breach of the policy of Cannonball insisting people play before they buy. Over to Ryan to comment.

When you're ready to 'upgrade' to whatever you might fancy, perhaps you should have a trip to London. You will have the opportunity to try a fantastic range of saxes and mpcs at sax.co.uk and Howarths. If you venture out a little, sax.co.uk Crowborough (the big store) and Dawkes are within an hour of London (in different directions, sadly).

Word travels fast. Mozingo Music no longer has Cannonball saxes on their website! I think Photoman deserves some kind of whistleblower award from the Cannonball Company. How about it Ryan? Do you guys have a t-shirt or something?

they could always send him a big-bell tenor, I`m sure he`d appreciate it as an upgrade from his BW :thumb:

Anyway Saxdiva, how are you finding the Albright after a week of settling in, have you found your ideal match ?

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom