• New!

    Try our new Social Feeds, look out for the navigation icon: . You can now set default social feed view in your account preferences.

Saxophones C Melody Saxophones

I do not know of this before. First time seeing one. Looking forward to your findings report.
If you or some one have explaining why beaugnier made C melody thinking industrial production and not custom order as Selmer

It produced during 10-12 years and during 1950-1960
But it hasn't customer and absolutely not market.

Why it takes this risk for nothing ???
It's really and absolutely not logical and rational thinking. I don't understand who decided this.

After i'm happy to have historical piece for only 350€.
 
If you or some one have explaining why beaugnier made C melody thinking industrial production and not custom order as Selmer

It produced during 10-12 years and during 1950-1960
But it hasn't customer and absolutely not market.

Why it takes this risk for nothing ???
It's really and absolutely not logical and rational thinking. I don't understand who decided this.

After i'm happy to have historical piece for only 350€.
I have absolutely no clue. This is a new discovery. On a guess Vito Pascucci by chance was involved.
 
Maybe not, it's Probably just before Vito, Vito is around 60, beaugnier (my next mine) is Probably 54-55
Find a different translator please. What you’re using is good for airport use and not much more.

Vito Pascucci Is the man who owned LeBlanc Company.
The company that sold Vito brand products made by Beaugnier.
He may have been involved during the 1950’s with developing the C Melody.
 
My Vito C-Melody (made by Beaugnier) has a straight (alto-style) neck and the serial number 19657. Does that make sense as a Beaugnier serial # and what year would it indicate ?

The previous owner has a page of information and photographs of it here.

Rhys
I can’t view the link provided. 🙁
Your C SN# is consistent with screenshots I took from a video I can’t find anymore. The 1960’s production run of 200 units.
1790563210442.webp
 
Thanks @PigSquealer . That video was made and uploaded by the previous owner (in Germany if I remember correctly) who seems to have taken it down. I bought it from them via SOTW something like 15 years ago.

The link I gave should work, but I did get a "not secure" warning the first time I clicked on it. Seems to just be a very old page so lacking some modern security requirements. I proceeded at my own risk and it all seems OK.

The first line on that webpage says "This Vito C-Melody is one of the very few that were ever sold. The actual number sold varies between 18 and 22. Vito attempted to revive the C-Melody saxophone in the 1960s with this model. Unfortunately for Vito, it was a failure!" I don't know where the figures of 200 or 18 or 22 come from.

Rhys
 
I can’t view the link provided. 🙁
Your C SN# is consistent with screenshots I took from a video I can’t find anymore. The 1960’s production run of 200 units.
View attachment 37442
@PigSquealer
And my next horn, with this serial number, do you know when it will be made

Probably before this horns, it's Probably 1955, but if you've got more information about the modèle Special perfect by beaugnier,

And it's Probably custom orders or maybe the anteriors models of Vito to experiment and developped the new tech for later to have the Vito
 
Thanks @PigSquealer . That video was made and uploaded by the previous owner (in Germany if I remember correctly) who seems to have taken it down. I bought it from them via SOTW something like 15 years ago.

The link I gave should work, but I did get a "not secure" warning the first time I clicked on it. Seems to just be a very old page so lacking some modern security requirements. I proceeded at my own risk and it all seems OK.

The first line on that webpage says "This Vito C-Melody is one of the very few that were ever sold. The actual number sold varies between 18 and 22. Vito attempted to revive the C-Melody saxophone in the 1960s with this model. Unfortunately for Vito, it was a failure!" I don't know where the figures of 200 or 18 or 22 come from.

Rhys
You're great Lucky, keep this horn absolutely, it's Nice great pièce of history,

Probably the very few great c melody modern without chinese production.

When i received my beaugnier i will sharing picture with many compareason with tenor Bb, with another c melody buescher and martins for exemple


I Will received next monday, in one week, i'm very happy 🤣😎🎷🎷🎷

I've got couesnon c melody too, if you're interested, i can share old picture with this horn, if you want to collecte many picture for data Base, i don't know if couesnon c melody are rare or not, but i found this horn for 450€ very cheap price

@PigSquealer
 
Thanks @PigSquealer . That video was made and uploaded by the previous owner (in Germany if I remember correctly) who seems to have taken it down. I bought it from them via SOTW something like 15 years ago.

The link I gave should work, but I did get a "not secure" warning the first time I clicked on it. Seems to just be a very old page so lacking some modern security requirements. I proceeded at my own risk and it all seems OK.

The first line on that webpage says "This Vito C-Melody is one of the very few that were ever sold. The actual number sold varies between 18 and 22. Vito attempted to revive the C-Melody saxophone in the 1960s with this model. Unfortunately for Vito, it was a failure!" I don't know where the figures of 200 or 18 or 22 come from.

Rhys
Thanks for your honest reply. Link is no good here 🙁. I will try to see if the link or other options will work to benefit this thread.
This aside. You are a keeper of a rare sax. Care to share detail pics or playing notes on your personal experiences ?
 
It doesn't work, not condition to play, but saved before this destruction, the old owner don't play, and don't collection, and don't sale after many years, it goes in waste disposal site

I sole this horn of disposal site for not wasted.

IMG_20231010_130701.webp
IMG_20231010_130804.webp
 
Thanks for your honest reply. Link is no good here 🙁. I will try to see if the link or other options will work to benefit this thread.
This aside. You are a keeper of a rare sax. Care to share detail pics or playing notes on your personal experiences ?

I very seldom play it and view myself as its custodian and so will probably sell it on in due course, hopefully to someone who will really appreciate it.

My recollection is that it plays very much like my Conn straight neck C melody, so I did wonder whether the tube and neck design used by Beaugnier were based on the Conn design from the 1920s. However, the previous owner's webpage says that it is a modern design with a wider bore.

Here are a couple of pictures from the previous owner's webpage.

Vito-Beaugnier C Melody (Rhys) pic 2.webp


Vito-Beaugnier C Melody (Rhys) pic 10.webp


Vito-Beaugnier C Melody (Rhys) pic 11.webp


Vito-Beaugnier C Melody (Rhys) pic 12.webp


Rhys
 
Je joue très rarement avec et me considère comme son gardien, je le vendrai donc probablement en temps voulu, en espérant qu'il viendra à quelqu'un qui saura vraiment l'apprécier.

De mémoire, elle sonne comme ma Conn Straight Neck C Melody, alors je me suis demandé si la conception du tube et du bocal utilisée par Beaugnier était basée sur le modèle Conn des années 1920. Cependant, la page web de l'ancien propriétaire indique qu'il s'agit d'un modèle moderne avec un alésage plus large.

Voici quelques photos provenant du site web de l'ancien propriétaire.

View attachment 37465

View attachment 37466

View attachment 37467

View attachment 37468

Rhys
It's really Nice horn, maybe @PigSquealer or me would be interested to buy this Vito,

After depending the budget, and if i have the money to spend, but with me,

You could be played, he want just to that,
That it would be selling at collector/player

Only collector and player for me could be respect and hope fully, maybe i'm wrong
 
It's really Nice horn, maybe @PigSquealer or me would be interested to buy this Vito,

After depending the budget, and if i have the money to spend, but with me,

You could be played, he want just to that,
That it would be selling at collector/player

Only collector and player for me could be respect and hope fully, maybe i'm wrong

Hi,

Sorry but I do not understand your message in "English". If you write in French I will be able to understand using my French knowledge and Google translate.

Rhys
 
Hi,

Sorry but I do not understand your message in "English". If you write in French I will be able to understand using my French knowledge and Google translate.

Rhys
I Will be interested when you will sell, but now it depending the price,

I my opinion if you want to sell this horns, if you want the next owner loved this horn and played this really.

You could be sold at serious collector or passionate player, it would be the best thing for this horn,
 
I Will be interested when you will sell, but now it depending the price,

I my opinion if you want to sell this horns, if you want the next owner loved this horn and played this really.

You could be sold at serious collector or passionate player, it would be the best thing for this horn,

Sorry, it's still not clear in English. Please try including the original in written French.


Désolé, ce n'est toujours pas clair en anglais. Veuillez essayer d'inclure le texte original en français.

Rhys
 

Similar threads... or are they? Maybe not but they could be worth reading anyway 😀

Trending

Latest Song of the Month

Forum statistics

Topics
32,265
Messages
576,238
Members
8,083
Latest member
Richard Walker
Back
Top Bottom