Taming The Saxophone

Saxophones C# G# Connection... Does your saxophone?

hedgehog

I love singletrack.
Subscriber
The advantages are that when marketing a saxophone, makers can say "This table tilts" as if it is a good thing.

The disadvantages of a tilting are table are that it has a tendency to tilt.
:rolleyes:

So for a non-tilting table, the advantages are that when marketing a saxophone, makers can say "This table does not tilt" as if it's a good thing.

The disadvantages of a non-tilting table are that it has a tendency to not tilt.

Yay for tautology!

I find the tilting table a little more forgiving with finger fudges. Hit C# instead of G# and it's all still fine. A jump from C# to G# and nobody needs to move. I find it easier to slide about on too.
That makes sense. Thanks!

Chris J

Second shot down shows the table - you can just see the tabs off the G#.

Second shot down again, shows the selectable interconnect.

Thought I had a shot of the Amati gizmo, but if I have I can't find it.
Back to the Couesnon G# switchable articulation, it dates from 1935. Attached is the diagram from their patent application

Chris

Attachments

spike

Old Indian
Subscriber
tilting table
Had to buy a new gas grill last week. It came as a kit - put it together yesterday according to the plans.
Ended up with a tilting table because I'd mounted the wheels in-line instead of cross-wise like a two wheel cart. :confused::rolleyes::doh:

Also - we've got a tilting table from IKEA in the dining room, whoever invented beer mats deserves the noble prize :rolleyes::rolleyes::doh:
One day when/if I give up playing saxophone I'll get me a pinball machine. :banana::happydance:

saxyjt

Back to the Couesnon G# switchable articulation, it dates from 1935. Attached is the diagram from their patent application

Chris
I had a look at the diagram and must say that fig.3 is not so easy to relate to the others (fig.1 and fig.2).

I did technical drawing in school, so I can usually read such diagrams. Anyways, I'll try to find the entire document, including the verbose description in French and see if it makes more sense.

You did a great job digging this out. I'll try and find the rest. I did it once on a Robert Drouet patent for a key guard... So if I did it once, I can probably do it again! :w00t:

Top Bottom