support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Britone mouthpieces

There's one on eBay at the moment £40 + £175 postage from Budapest, looks a bit battered and bruised, I don't think it's got the cap and ligature though

I can't even look for Britone on eBay, it keeps changing Britone into Baritone! :w00t:

But a ROC Britone isn't a Tonalin ! It might seem similar in colour but it isn't related to Brilharts.

Rhys
The listing I've mentioned on eBay says,. Vintage ROC Britone. (brilhart) Tonalin Mouthpiece

Didn't ROC make Brilharts at one time?
Just found this on Theo Wanne site

1954 – BRILHART – MADE IN ENGLAND:
From 1954 to 1966 Brilhart Carlsbad mouthpieces were also being manufactured in England at the same time by ROC. There were far fewer of these made. Most of them were Tonalin and Personaline models. These mouthpieces were longer, came standard with a band on the shank and ‘made in England’ stamped on the side. The band was a VERY good idea as cracking shanks were always a problem for them. It would have been nice if they did that on their American models as well.

The name ROC came about when the two company founders, Norman Taylor and Harry Chance, were sitting in their office trying to think of a short name for their range of new mouthpieces

There's one on eBay at the moment £40 + £175 postage from Budapest, looks a bit battered and bruised, I don't think it's got the cap and ligature though
£175 postage..... how heavy is the thing.. must include import duty.. and 2 other mouthpieces lol
I think it's a trick to reduce eBay charges. Last time I looked, they charged on price excluding postage.
However a nasty shock if you buy a bargain without noticing postage.

I think it's a trick to reduce eBay charges. Last time I looked, they charged on price excluding postage.
However a nasty shock if you buy a bargain without noticing postage.
Look again: fees are now charged on price + p&p. They are in the UK anyway; maybe not elsewhere perhaps.

Best way of doing it i guess...Good old rip off Britain cant even get a bargain abroad....Itll be worse when we leave Europe I bet

With the greatest respect @David Funnell why not try something different?
I have heard your playing on the link you posted with your wonderful singer and there are plenty of pieces out there that will do you justice :thumb:
I know when you are comfortable with a set up and it feels like home this can be a scary thing but I actually think you can get a positive result and that's not an insult to your current tone by any stretch of the imagination!

Hmmm...opened myself up for that one didn't I? ;)
How about a
100/3/sms hard rubber berg?
A similar size tip opening on a high Baffle RPC?
Philtone Saphire?
PPT?

There are just so so many options and that's my point really.

... You could look at Ed Pillinger's site... Handmade, sale-or-return and he's excellent to chat to about your requirements. I'm an appreciative customer with no other affiliation

Probably too late, but I've just spotted that Nicolas Trefeil, a mouthpiece guy in France, has several ROC Britone mouthpieces for tenor.

Nicolas Trefeil

He has a 3*, two 4*s and a 5*.

The prices are quite high, but I have heard good things about him.

Rhys