support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Beginner Sax Best Alto sax

Hi Guys

I listened to the folks on here and purchased a BW as-pd Alto, had it almost a year now and still think its a great Sax.

My teacher was impressed with it also!

Got mine from Pete at Studio Sax, he is a great guy, packed up well and shipped to me in Cyprus, arrived all ok.

Good luck with what ever you get

Cheers

Baz

Paul, you are rapidly becoming an authority on things sax..........:shocked::w00t:;}

My only issue about this is just that people get a fair crack of the whip in terms of publicity - so that Yamaha, Selmer and others don't dominate the market simply because other manufacturers are not given airtime. I am personally amazed at the quality of the Runyon 22, for example, which can be found for less than £30, and is actually quite a common beginner recommendation in the US (along with the Morgan Protone).

So, just keen on people having a decent choice, and not just "lazy" recommendations. Rant over!
Kind regards
Tom:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Paul, you are rapidly becoming an authority on things sax..........:shocked::w00t:;}

Hardly! They are just the mouthpieces that I played and found easy. I should always put in a disclaimer that it is my opinion and I could be totally wrong! :cool: If I keep trying mouthpieces at the rate I am I'll end up with a larger selection than sax.co.uk - now that's GAS :))) Crikey! Mad as a Hatter me :D

My only issue about this is just that people get a fair crack of the whip in terms of publicity - so that Yamaha, Selmer and others don't dominate the market simply because other manufacturers are not given airtime. I am personally amazed at the quality of the Runyon 22, for example, which can be found for less than £30, and is actually quite a common beginner recommendation in the US (along with the Morgan Protone).

So, just keen on people having a decent choice, and not just "lazy" recommendations. Rant over!
Kind regards
Tom

I didn't realise it was a rant until you said! I know what you mean though! Totally agree with you about the playability of the Runyon 22 on the Alto! Trying to get one for my Tenor in White!

I finally understand the Inglisitis syndrome, thanks Tom! Hopefully I won't develop this :D :D :D

(Just to clarify: What I'm truly lusting for, is a Beechler Bellite. Yesssss...)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom