support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Saxophones Anyone heard of a silver plated YAS-21?

Kimsey

I've a silver plated Yas-21, it looks genuine, engraved logo and model no. etc. The only problem is I can't find any mention of such a model anywhere. It doesnt look like aftermarket plating, but plating is exceptionally good condition for a 25 year old horn? So does anyone know did yamaha make these, maybe for bands? I want to be reassured its not a fake.

Well I've stripped it down, cleaned it up and I'm convinced it's genuine. It's marked yas 21s. It looks real pretty and sounds good too. I would still be interested if anyone knows of another one. I will try and post some pics later.

Well I've stripped it down, cleaned it up and I'm convinced it's genuine. It's marked yas 21s. It looks real pretty and sounds good too. I would still be interested if anyone knows of another one. I will try and post some pics later.

Was that the 1 just sold on ebay ??? i was thinking of it.Yea they did some silver 21/25,25's etc .Not many but they did.If you ever sell give me 1st shot.

There is one for sale on eBay.com - $2,300 buy it now - Yamaha YAS-62II Silver Plated Alto sax

There asking as the YAS21 is a student classed instrument.Yamaha hardly made any lower class silver horns.Still the 21,21,25 yamaha are pro horns as they play so well.Many,many pro's use them.

Back
Top Bottom