support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Any sax guys...

miss-saxophone

Locality
Maldon, Essex UK
... you lot can introduce me to? I mean, I like 80s sax-pop, a little bit of jazz-y lounge stuff and others but I don't know where to go from there. I don't really know any one name.

-- On a slightly different topic:- My mum had a CD. It was called Midnight Sax (blue cover) - but I can't find that specific one anywhere... I think it was from the 90s. I've found similar ones, but not the right track-listing - I grew up listening to that and I wish I had it now to listen to. Grrr.

Kirk Whalum, Euge Groove, Gerald Albright, Grover Washington, Boney James

Stan Getz, Lee Allen, Paul Desmond, Red Prisock, Dick Parry and of course our boss...

Agree with the above choices and would add Wayne Shorter

Check out amazon they had a good offer in January on Jazz cds

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll make sure to check them all either later on tonight (early mornin' more like) or tomorrow afternoon. Cheers guys. :)

Other players to check out are:-

Kirk Pengilly - INXS,

David Woodford - The Heat Is On - Glenn Frey,

Bill Bergman - You Belong To The City - Glenn Frey,

John Helliwell - Supertramp,

Andy Mackay - Roxy Music,

Raphael Ravenscroft - Gerry Rafferty, Pink Floyd, Robert Plant, America, Mike Oldfield,

Tom Scott - Legendary LA session sax man - Steely Dan (the Aja album), Rod Stewart (Do you think I'm sexy), Paul McCartney (LIsten To What the Man Said),

Phil Woods - Just the Way You Are - Billy Joel, Dr. Wu - Steely Dan (Katie Lied album),

Wesley Magoogan - Will You - Hazel O'Connor, The (English) Beat, Joan Armatrading,

Ernie Watts - Semi-Legendary LA Session Sax Man Arthur's Theme - Christopher Cross, Frank Zappa,

Marc Russo - Repeat Offender - Richard Marx, Yellowjackets, Tower of Power, Michael Franks,

David Sanborn - Butterfield Blues Band, Stevie Wonder (Talking Book), David Bowie (Young Americans), Linda Ronstadt (Living in the USA), Michael Franks (Sleeping Gypsy),

Mel Collins - Legendary UK session player, Alan Parsons Project (Old and Wise), The Rolling Stones, Clannard, Wang Chung (Dance Hall Days), King Crimson

That should keep you going for a while...

Regards,

Greg S.

P.S. Is this the 'Midnight Sax' CD?

http://www.cduniverse.com/search/xx/music/pid/1074101/a/Midnight+Sax.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
P.S. Is this the 'Midnight Sax' CD?

I'm afraid not, I'm not sure they're making it any more, unfortunately.

My favourite female player is Scheila Gonzalez, look her up - superb! :thumb: