• New!

    Try our new Social Feeds, look out for the navigation icon: . You can now set default social feed view in your account preferences.

Saxophones Another Beaugnier

I believe Beaugnier only made stencils, or as part of an order from some distributor or music store . I don’t think they sold directly.

The ones I have seen with a Beaugnier label also have a music store name engraved on them somewhere. My alto Model 38 has “Javalier Dijon” engraved near the Beaugnier stamp. @jcn664 does your C-melody have a store name on it?
I'm pretty sure I have seen Beaugniers (on the internet, not in person) that are labeled "Beaugnier" as the brand name. I'd say this C melody is like that - I think the model is "Special Perfect". Of course if another brand name is somewhere else, I'll be wrong, but with "Special Perfect" engraved real big and then E. Beaugnier" right below it, it sure looks to ME like that is the complete brand and model designation.

So, yes, almost always made FOR someone else, but not 100% of the time.
 
Yes, my Beaugnier model 38 alto has the same "E. Beaugnier" label as that C Melody. Engraved to the right and below it is the name "Javalier, Dijon", obviously engraved by hand after the fact. That's a well-known music store. I have seen other horns with the same Beaugnier label, but they also have a second name added somewhere else.

The point is, I think that Beaugnier made saxophones mostly in response to orders, rather than manufacturing them and then trying to sell them.
 
Yes, my Beaugnier model 38 alto has the same "E. Beaugnier" label as that C Melody. Engraved to the right and below it is the name "Javalier, Dijon", obviously engraved by hand after the fact. That's a well-known music store. I have seen other horns with the same Beaugnier label, but they also have a second name added somewhere else.

The point is, I think that Beaugnier made saxophones mostly in response to orders, rather than manufacturing them and then trying to sell them.
If this was their primary business model (and I agree with you that it certainly appears that way, since "Beaugnier" branded horns are rare and surely a small fraction of their production) - it still leaves unanswered the question - who the HECK thought in - oh, say, 1955 - that a batch of C melody saxophones was a good thing to spend money on?
 
If this was their primary business model (and I agree with you that it certainly appears that way, since "Beaugnier" branded horns are rare and surely a small fraction of their production) - it still leaves unanswered the question - who the HECK thought in - oh, say, 1955 - that a batch of C melody saxophones was a good thing to spend money on?
Same thinking,

But i'm not surprise, because if you're american,

Asking the same question for conn with f mezzo and conn ô sax
Asking buescher for straight alto and tipped bell
Asking Lyons and healy for perfect curved
Asking King for saxello

I my opinion, beaugnier try one thing and recreate a tendance to be have new customer and new business but the reality is failed

And create new market is for majority of time a failed
We can see with many exemple that i listed for exemple.
 

Similar threads... or are they? Maybe not but they could be worth reading anyway 😀

Trending

Latest Song of the Month

Forum statistics

Topics
32,265
Messages
576,209
Members
8,084
Latest member
Richard Walker
Back
Top Bottom