• New!

    Try our new Social Feeds, look out for the navigation icon: . You can now set default social feed view in your account preferences.

Saxophones Another Beaugnier

I would love to see pictures of your model 36 and your documentation of its features. That would be great for proper historical proof for another person in the future. The exact reason for threads like this. Discovery in facts.

I would love to see pictures of your model 36 and your documentation of its features. That would be great for proper historical proof for another person in the future. The exact reason for threads like this. Discovery in facts.

I would love to see pictures of your model 36 and your documentation of its features. That would be great for proper historical proof for another person in the future. The exact reason for threads like this. Discovery in facts.
 

Attachments

  • IMG-20260312-WA0001.webp
    IMG-20260312-WA0001.webp
    114.7 KB · : 76
@Geomg is that book / catalog in your possession ? If so what’s the date and company that published this ?
Hi , unfortunately not i possibly came across it on one of the forums and managed to copy/save these two images but no more, and of course my memory doesn't work very well any more but I think it may have had something to do with melody maker but I could be well out there, I'll pop the other image up here while I've got it too hand.
I also have a few more interesting beaugnier sax's I came across a blinged up noblet version of a 39 and have not seen many or any since.
@Geomg is that book / catalog in your possession ? If so what’s the date and company that published this ?

@Geomg is that book / catalog in your possession ? If so what’s the date and company that published this ?
 

Attachments

  • 20260610_112755.webp
    20260610_112755.webp
    133.6 KB · : 87
They all have different and interesting features. I don’t think I know of anyone with a collection of all the different models. Very nice of you to share the pictures and knowledge. There’s definitely more to learn about this maker. I would love to get my hands on a Beaugnier Vito C Melody.
Thanks I'll keep my eyes open
 
Apologies for a lengthy absence from the Cafe, new home (with neighbours) and other commitments has restricted my playing/practising/generally making a noise somewhat.

I have been happily playing on my Martin, again many thanks to @griff136 and my local tech.

I have expressed my admiration of the Beaugnier marque on several occasions and when a Noblet came up on Ebay I couldn't resist it but several characteristics are different to research I have done into the Beaugnier models, no bent nail bell brace, angled left hand pinky keys, right hand bell keys, different C/Eb key design and different keyguards. I found the same tenor model sold by Stohrer Music some time ago identified as a Beaugnier and a similar alto tested by jazzmanted on Youtube.

It's in superb condition, plays nicely and came with a 1950's Vandoren Perfecta which works really well with the horn. Anyone else come across these.
Hi just came across this post and yes I have one which I believe is a model 88D though i may be wrong it may have used the body,bell and neck of a model 38, I also have a vito model 39 and a noblet 89D (deluxe) which is the noblet version i find there are always differences between the vito and noblet verions of the same model.
 

Attachments

  • 20260610_112638.webp
    20260610_112638.webp
    103.1 KB · : 52
  • 20260610_112755.webp
    20260610_112755.webp
    133.6 KB · : 59
Apologies for a lengthy absence from the Cafe, new home (with neighbours) and other commitments has restricted my playing/practising/generally making a noise somewhat.

I have been happily playing on my Martin, again many thanks to @griff136 and my local tech.

I have expressed my admiration of the Beaugnier marque on several occasions and when a Noblet came up on Ebay I couldn't resist it but several characteristics are different to research I have done into the Beaugnier models, no bent nail bell brace, angled left hand pinky keys, right hand bell keys, different C/Eb key design and different keyguards. I found the same tenor model sold by Stohrer Music some time ago identified as a Beaugnier and a similar alto tested by jazzmanted on Youtube.

It's in superb condition, plays nicely and came with a 1950's Vandoren Perfecta which works really well with the horn. Anyone else come across these.

Apologies for a lengthy absence from the Cafe, new home (with neighbours) and other commitments has restricted my playing/practising/generally making a noise somewhat.

I have been happily playing on my Martin, again many thanks to @griff136 and my local tech.

I have expressed my admiration of the Beaugnier marque on several occasions and when a Noblet came up on Ebay I couldn't resist it but several characteristics are different to research I have done into the Beaugnier models, no bent nail bell brace, angled left hand pinky keys, right hand bell keys, different C/Eb key design and different keyguards. I found the same tenor model sold by Stohrer Music some time ago identified as a Beaugnier and a similar alto tested by jazzmanted on Youtube.

It's in superb condition, plays nicely and came with a 1950's Vandoren Perfecta which works really well with the horn. Anyone else come across these.
Hi I think I may have lost the text which accompanied these pics, yes I do have one of those but also I have a vito 39 and I believe a noblet 39 although the noblet is sold as an 89D (deluxe) and there are slight differences between the two but both part of LeBlanc inc and produced by beaugnier.
 

Attachments

  • 20260610_112833_001.webp
    20260610_112833_001.webp
    114.4 KB · : 58
Apologies for a lengthy absence from the Cafe, new home (with neighbours) and other commitments has restricted my playing/practising/generally making a noise somewhat.

I have been happily playing on my Martin, again many thanks to @griff136 and my local tech.

I have expressed my admiration of the Beaugnier marque on several occasions and when a Noblet came up on Ebay I couldn't resist it but several characteristics are different to research I have done into the Beaugnier models, no bent nail bell brace, angled left hand pinky keys, right hand bell keys, different C/Eb key design and different keyguards. I found the same tenor model sold by Stohrer Music some time ago identified as a Beaugnier and a similar alto tested by jazzmanted on Youtube.

It's in superb condition, plays nicely and came with a 1950's Vandoren Perfecta which works really well with the horn. Anyone else come across these.
I think your version may be classified as a model 88D and yes all the Beaugnier made saxophones seem to just sing 😀
 

Attachments

  • 20260617_103431.webp
    20260617_103431.webp
    188.6 KB · : 49
  • IMG-20260312-WA0002.webp
    IMG-20260312-WA0002.webp
    120.6 KB · : 55
@Geomg Thank you very much for this information, mine is very similar to yours, the only difference is mine does not have the head on the bow stay, there may be others. I have only just got mine back from my tech after a full overhaul and after playing my Martin for the last 2 months still finding my way round the unusual pinkie table. My number 7664 seems to be an early number but design appearance is modern so tricky to date, don't mind a bit as it plays very well (even with me at the sharp end). Thanks again.
 
I believe Beaugnier only made stencils, or as part of an order from some distributor or music store . I don’t think they sold directly.

The ones I have seen with a Beaugnier label also have a music store name engraved on them somewhere. My alto Model 38 has “Javalier Dijon” engraved near the Beaugnier stamp. @jcn664 does your C-melody have a store name on it?
 
I believe Beaugnier only made stencils, or as part of an order from some distributor or music store . I don’t think they sold directly.

The ones I have seen with a Beaugnier label also have a music store name engraved on them somewhere. My alto Model 38 has “Javalier Dijon” engraved near the Beaugnier stamp. @jcn664 does your C-melody have a store name on it?

Not, only "special perfect" beaugnier

Special perfect is stencil by beaugnier or modèle by beaugnier
 

Similar threads... or are they? Maybe not but they could be worth reading anyway 😀

Trending

Latest Song of the Month

Forum statistics

Topics
32,263
Messages
576,137
Members
8,083
Latest member
Reedswinds
Back
Top Bottom