support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Classical Amstel Quartet with Klaarte van Veldhoven

The short answer to the question (which I can't see now, for some reason.) I find the Lower Saxes sound a bit Palm Courtish, and somehow lack authenticity. But that's just me.

Ah. It's funny what gets triggered in the old brain. In the same sort of way, clarinet choirs remind me of fairground organs no matter what they're playing. Even the really good ones - one with Walter Boeykens leading I remember from yonks ago springs to mind. (Having googled to check spelling I see he died last year. Shame - brilliant player)

The reason I asked your meaning of Classical Music, is your ref. to some people don't like the Sax in Classical Music ( and we both know who you were referring to) well I like the Sop playing the Marcello Concerto, ( in fact I play it myself) , but I dislike a Tenor Sax playing Mozart. So if you are going to refer to some people not liking the Sax in Classical Music, please be more precise with the periods of Classical Music. What I find revealing is how a simple question like this brings out the vindictive nature in some people.:)
In the liner notes (as I still call them) from one of my Amstel Quartet CDs the soprano player Remco Jak says that at his conservatoire in Amsterdam people were always saying that saxophones could not play Mozart properly. Which is why they recorded this: