support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Am I Mad!!!!!!!!!

MADSAX

Locality
Co.Kerry Ireland
Greeting from Ireland,
Just came across this site and love it and a big hello to everyone here at the cafe.
I've been playing alto for the past two years but really want to move on to the tenor I just love that deep round tone that they give out. Now a question for all you here, I’ve taken the bold step of having a Sax shop in Dublin
bring in a bronze Yanagisawa T902 at a cost of 3000 Euro for me to look at, I don’t even know if I'll be able to blow it, as I have never had a tenor in my hand. From my research this horn seems to tick all the boxes. Am I totally mad to be looking at a sax at this price?:confused:

Welcome MadSax to the Cafe.

I can't think why you'd be unhappy with the Yani T902.
I have a Yani alto A901 and absolutely love it.

At the time I bought it, I tried several others within the same price range and this one just leapt out at me. Assuming their manufacture is equally good across all their saxes, the T902 should be just as satisfying.

As far as blowing is concerned, I went from alto to bari, within a few minutes (I'd played alto for 2.5 years, and had the chance to try my teacher's bari. Within minutes I could get the whole range (low A to top F#) on her sax, so I can't imagine switching alto to tenor would be especially difficult, you just need to remember to loosen the embouchure a little)

I don't play Tenor, so can't comment specifically.

I have no doubt someone will be along soon (maybe once they've finished with their Easter Eggs?!)

Not started any easter eggs yet - in fact I don't have any :crying:

Welcome to the Madhouse.
I don't expect that you'll have any problem playing the tenor, but remember that it is a different instrument from your alto!

Enjoy the Yani if thats what you choose - there are cheaper alternatives available!

Cheers,
Amanda

Madsax, with a name like that, how can you not fit right in?

As for playing the alto and then a tenor, I don't think you'll have any problems. Like the others have said, relax your embouchure a little and have fun!

Welcome.

Hey Madsax ...

The answer to your question is ....

Yes!!

But that's what makes life interesting ... :thumb:

Welcome to the Cafe mate ...

Enjoy playing the Tenor ... :sax:

But don't forget to fondle your Alto every now and again ... :)))

Hello and welcome to the cafe. I'm sure you'll love the new tenor.

Jim.

Hey Mandyh, well it's not that I wont be happy with it, it's more the amount of money Im spending on my first Tenor Sax.But hopefully it'll be a sax for life, ;}

Thanks Sunray I'm glad someone is on my line of thinking:thumb:

Hey Madsax ...

The answer to your question is ....

Yes!!

But that's what makes life interesting ... :thumb:

Welcome to the Cafe mate ...

Enjoy playing the Tenor ... :sax:

But don't forget to fondle your Alto every now and again ... :)))
[/QUOTE]

Thanks Taz for the advice will let you know next week how it all went.

Welcome to the caff©, Madsax.

Are you mad? No more than the average caff member but having persuaded a sax shop to import something special, there is a vacancy in the banking or political industry for you.

RNJOY!​™

Hi and welcome, I like Dublin and saw the only left handed alto I have ever heard there. Enjoyed a bloomsday pub crawl on June 16
1995. I wanted to name my first son Ulysses.but my wife stated name him that or divorce me. I went for the latter and never looked back. Best Regds; N.

Back
Top Bottom