PPT mouthpieces

A scale made from the Harmonic Minor and the Harmonic Major...does it have a name?

Re: A scale made from the Harmonic Minor and the Harmonic Major...does it have a name

Surely the way to judge whether the "passing note" you seem to discourage is valid or not, should be judged by the "does it sound good" standard. That will, of course change over time, according to fashion.

The definition of passing note in classical music is more like a decorative extra note which isn't essential to the melodic/harmonic content...such note should fill the gap between 2 adjacent tones and fall in the weak beat.
My idea of adding notes to established scales is to actually incorporating them into our music as integral part of a scale - more so than when using a 7 notes scale and using "passing notes" here and there - in fact, often these aren't passing notes at all - these are very relevant to the melody and harmony and sometimes they appear more frequently than other tones within the scale. Of course in such instance we'd better off thinking in terms of key changes but maybe adding an extra note to a scale would achieve the same (maybe more efficiently too).

Re: A scale made from the Harmonic Minor and the Harmonic Major...does it have a name

Just a quick update:
The scale in question cannot be derived from playing 2 augmented 7ths chords apart - that way we find another interesting scale: the Double Harmonic (for some reasons I've mistaken the Double Harmonic for the Major Harmonic in my previous post).

Another point which is worth mentioning about that other scale (the one made from adding a 3m to a Major Harmonic): the view that that 3m is a passing note is the obvious conclusion derived from someone who played this scale (Zannad's scale? Wow!) only a few times and up and down - playing this scale improvising on its own, jumping from the different degrees of the scale along the whole range gives another perspective; that 3m in particular, takes other functions (far more relevant than a passing note) depending on how it is played...