2013/12 - The Wedding

Sounds good Clive, hope the wrist sorts itself out quickly :)

Chris..

I've been struggling with this one. I can't get my head round it. I was trying to find a version that I can get into and came across this.

http://youtu.be/3Dsrvfr_imI

The quality of this post is quite poor compared to the Mp3 track I downloaded from amazon. The whole album is on amazon. I might invest when the sales come around. I'm off to try and get a recording done.

Amazon have a sample you can play to see the difference

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=sr_pg...abdullah+ibrahim&ie=UTF8&qid=1387399668&ajr=0

Last edited:
Well here it is. It seemed to suit the sop but I can't believe how much the sop sounds like an alto. I've been neglecting the sop lately and it gets away from me in a couple of places. The backing track is a bit off the wall too.

https://soundcloud.com/colin-the-bear/the-wedding

Last edited:
@ Colin. I thought you sounded great and that you played well during your improv sections. You seem to sound great on all your horns despite being out of practice so "more power to you".. . I`ll be honest and say that I thought it might be a bit lengthy for repeated listens. I would probably prefer it about 2 thirds the length "as it is" or perhaps longer using more than one Sax say Sop/Tenor or Sop Bari kind of thing, As a "work out" it`s a fine length.:)

Well here it is. It seemed to suit the sop but I can't believe how much the sop sounds like an alto. I've been neglecting the sop lately and it gets away from me in a couple of places. The backing track is a bit off the wall too.

Not listened to many of these but couldn't resist a sop version. Nice one Colin:clapping:

Jx

Last edited:
@ Colin. I thought you sounded great and that you played well during your improv sections. You seem to sound great on all your horns despite being out of practice so "more power to you".. . I`ll be honest and say that I thought it might be a bit lengthy for repeated listens. I would probably prefer it about 2 thirds the length "as it is" or perhaps longer using more than one Sax say Sop/Tenor or Sop Bari kind of thing, As a "work out" it`s a fine length.:)

I had an idea that I might do something with several saxes but it's beyond me at the moment. It's a demanding piece and by the time I'd written the backing track and got the sop to play I was quite worn out.

Sounds good Colin, a little long perhaps. 2 or 3 saxes would sound great. Mind you if that's out of practice I'll have a big helping.:)

Chris...

Lovely Colin, tone, articulation and phrasing really good as ever, wish I could come anywhere close. Wonder if it would have been more effective if a little shorter? Very pleasant listen though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the comments, I was conscious of ' holding back' when playing this maybe I'll try and loosen up a little next time.

Regards Al.

Alun, a couple of nice relaxed versions, both Bari and Alto. The tune seems to sit well on them both:thumb:

Clivey, 3 versions in one month;) Going to be calling you CliveyBoy;) at this rate. Considering you thought you wouldn't have time, I guess we can expect a forth before new year>:), The 3rd version is my fav one though, very chilled..

Chris..

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom