support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Saxophones YTS32 with G1,G3 F1 Neck ?

Jamesmac

Any of you knowledgeable Yamaha owners out there experimented with different necks ie G1,G3, F1 Custom for a YTS32 considering the 32 is the same body as the 62 that comes std. With a G1 Custom., and any good results. ?
I did try a G1 neck on an older 62 Alto with mixed results. 1. The octave spindle was too short, so I had to improvise a solution. 2. Noticeable difference with a JJ, but not with my regular Pillinger mouthpiece. But I am talking Tenor here. Any comments most welcome.
Also anyone familiar with the purple colouring of the felt discs on the key guards. See pic :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/86222780@N05/8723179242/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/86222780@N05/8723180702/

Had purple logo 62 necks,M1,G1,CUSTOM G1,F1's all tenor.Owned them all and used them on my Z and 61 yamaha tenors.I always went back to the custom G1 neck.More free,louder and just instant.2nd choice was the F1 silver plated neck on my z,warmed it up atad.Had a bare brass F1 also which was nice.For me the custom G1 was best.Tryed these on my yamaha 61 and again the G1 worked best.Never blew a G3.I think yamaha are dropping the G necks now and pushing there new VI necks which are getting good reports.All above though is just what suited me so other folks could find different results.I was not that stuck on the M1 neck,felt dead to me and hard work.The very old 61 neck worked sweet on the 61 and modern Z.As normal if you can test 1st is best but G1,F1 were my faves.

Had purple logo 62 necks,M1,G1,CUSTOM G1,F1's all tenor.Owned them all and used them on my Z and 61 yamaha tenors.I always went back to the custom G1 neck.More free,louder and just instant.2nd choice was the F1 silver plated neck on my z,warmed it up atad.Had a bare brass F1 also which was nice.For me the custom G1 was best.Tryed these on my yamaha 61 and again the G1 worked best.Never blew a G3.I think yamaha are dropping the G necks now and pushing there new VI necks which are getting good reports.All above though is just what suited me so other folks could find different results.I was not that stuck on the M1 neck,felt dead to me and hard work.The very old 61 neck worked sweet on the 61 and modern Z.As normal if you can test 1st is best but G1,F1 were my faves.

Thanks for your input Davey, Tenor is a new animal for me and one that I am enjoying a lot. I have tried the G1 on Alto, worked well on an older 62, but the M1 suits the 855 better. But I found the it's also depending on the MP used. With the different necks. Be well.