support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Saxophones Yanigasawa S992 straight Soprano, bronze, 2 crooks

MandyH

Sax-Mad fiend!
Café Supporter
I am considering buying a Yani S992, and wondered if anyone has any thoughts or comments?

I have located an as-new condition second hand one, priced at about 65% of new price.
I have had a good blow and enjoyed it. It comes with a Selmer S80 C* mouthpiece.
Ergonomically it felt good - everything seemed to be just in the right place (possibly because my alto is a Yani A901) it sounded good too.

So I am pretty much ready to buy, but just wanted to check, in case there are any truly adverse comments.

Since it will be my 4th saxophone, I don't want one that needs lots of work to be able to play it, I want one that I can just play.
Thanks

Hi Mandy,

i have the A992, the alto version of the sop. I can't find a single negative thing to say about Yanis. I changed my tenor a few months back and got the T9932J - an indulgence and way better a sax than I'll ever be a player. That sounds and feels amazing too and makes my life easy. The sops from Yani are supposed to be second to none.

Sounds like a good price for a great sax - if you like it, go for it! One day I'll complete my collection with a Yani sop.

These are fantastic sops, and the build quality of Yanagisawa saxes is so high there are unlikely to be future reliability problems as long as it's been looked after.

Probably the best around.
Quite expensive but you know if you will fall in love with it.
Of course I would recommend a more flexible mouthpiece, to use its full potential.

Thanks all for your replies....
I am now the proud owner of a full SATB sax quartet :D

I think I might make my summer holiday challenge to record a complete piece. :w00t:
I have a choice of I Got Rhythm or Washington Post, since I've just bought them for my quartet (the one I play in, where there are actually 4 of us) but I haven't told them yet >:)