Saxophones yamaha tenor

teebones

Café Supporter
Any members know what this yamaha tenor is like good or bad :w00t:

Yamaha YTSS3 Tenor Saxophone £546.25

its cheap for a student tenor saxophone from yamaha :welldone

Tony :sax:

Tony,

I guess your looking at this YTSS3 from Normans. It would appear the YTSS3 is a YTS275:

Compare: YTS275 vs YTSS3 :- What's the difference?

The only difference between these two models is the case.

But not having played a YTS275 or YTSS3 I can't help much, Stephen Howard's review of the alto version might be a good place to start.

You should be able to find loads on the YTS275 on SOTW

All the best,

Chris

but beware of buying from eBay as you will need to take it to a technician for a small service whatever condition it is in. Just factor the cost in.
Especially if it`s second hand and cold therefore need a lot more work which is very hard to tell from most photos.

but beware of buying from eBay as you will need to take it to a technician for a small service whatever condition it is in. Just factor the cost in.
Especially if it`s second hand and cold therefore need a lot more work which is very hard to tell from most photos.

The 1 i am taking about is through Pete Scaddan at Studio Saxophones and any horn he sell's is set up to the best you can get,i am on my 5th sax from him now and all are top notch,he is a great sax tech and pride's himself in sending out top playing horn's.That's the key if you buy of ebay,try and find a person with good rep and Pete Scaddan is the boy.;}

If it's an established retailer with a good reputation just using eBay as an additional shop window, then you can be fairly relaxed. As Dave says, Pete Scaddon has a pretty fine reputation.

With anyone else you have to plan for a decent service and pay accordingly, although you might be lucky and get something that doesn't need anything doing. Although you always have to plan to spend a few quid you don't always end up actually having to do so. I've bought three saxes from eBay that were sold as playable. All were, one required some minor work I did myself and the other two needed nothing.

Hi,

I have a Yas275 and a YTS62II. The first is what I got started on. It plays very well and has a very good key layout and action. The YTSS3 according to Normans web site is identical to the YTS275, only difference being the case. It might not last as long as the more expensive Yamahas, but you can't go wrong with such a sax.

Hi
This may sound a bit mad...but why not try to find a very good con. YTS23.
This sax has an almost cult following, and not without good reason.
When you look at it, it is light, has no high F#, post type construction and soldered U bend...Now if I had not told you this was a YTS23 you would of thought I was describing the Joe Lovano Borgani

My tenor is an old (70's, apparently) and very worn-looking YTS23 and I love it, even without the top F#. Very solid, doesn't seem to mind what mpc you put on it etc. Great tenor, I used to have a Yani but I prefer this Yamaha.

It's been noted before that the Yamahas in general don't impose themselves on you, and so allow you to come out through your horn. I don't know if this is true or not as I'm not really that experienced (about 5 years in, self-taught) but it certainly works fine for what I want from a tenor.

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom