PPT mouthpieces

Why Subscribe? What else might we offer?

Why do you pay? (Anonymous poll)

• More Conversations (PMs) allowed

• Free backing tracks and arrangements

• Ability to change user title

• More gallery space &bigger pictures

• Supporting a good cause / Help pay for running costs

• Purple Name

• Other (discuss below)

Results are only viewable after voting.
I like @MikeMorrell 's thinking about revenue generation but @Jeanette makes the stronger argument about the site being all-inclusive.... and it's the inclusiveness that is key to the appeal of this saxophonic site: just ask the apparently mild mannered @jbtsax , our sax repair and playing Goliath, who by his own admission is actually so badass he's banned from all other corners of the web...but we 'ave 'im

Last edited:
I suggest that you include a top-level link to the cafe on the TtS site (as exists from the Cafe to the TsT site)

In fact I was going to change the Cafe link to TTS. The baner is fine, but the link in the top level navigation could be a bit weird, you don't expect a lnk there to just go to another site (albeit a elated one)

My plan is to make that link go to an info page about TTS, which I think mat work better - it explain what's on TS then take you there.

My plan is to make that link go to an info page about TTS, which I think mat work better - it explain what's on TS then take you there.

Done. (needs a bit more adding)

Not easily. Apart from the fact I am a bit GoogleAnalyitcsaphobic, it doesn't seem to show where people go when they click to leave. I will look into that though.
Yes, there is a dirty great Cafe Logo and link in the header. It could be people get "banner blindness"
Currently I am trying to revert as much as possible back to default because there is a big xenforo update coming which will be good in many respects, but the more coding customising there is, the more tricky the upgrade might be.
'Banner blindness' when you're focused on something else (browsing through the TTS menu and pages) is certainly a factor to consider (and measure). Including the Cafe link in the drop-down 'Home' menu is a great idea and it makes sure the cafe gets noticed by people who are just focused on the menus.

I use Analytics from time to time on a couple of websites but I'm no expert. I'm all for avoiding custom code too. Standard Google Analytics for the cafe site shows where visitors come from (User Flow/Acquisition/Source) and should show how many new and returning users come from the TTS site (and elsewhere).

Tracking the 'destination' of exiting users on the TTS site is also possible using standard Analytics code but it sounds more complicated (at least to me). It seems the way to go is to set up 'events' (like clicking on one of the Cafe buttons on the TTS site) which can then also be tracked in Analytics. More info can be found on the relevant Analytics help page. Adding the code to track events is not something I'd trust myself to do but prefer to leave to a website developer.

If I can help out in providing more insight into user behaviour using Analytics, just let me know (PM).
Mike

I'm happy to be quoted (if you can find anything of mine worthwhile!)

Including the Cafe link in the drop-down 'Home' menu is a great idea and it makes sure the cafe gets noticed by people who are just focused on the menus.

Have now added cafe link to the other dropdowns

If I can help out in providing more insight into user behaviour using Analytics, just let me know (PM).

I have done this and I'd like to offer a big thank you to Mike for helping.

Google analytics does offer a lot of useful info to understand what is right and wrong about the site. But it makes my brain glaze over, so as Mike is good at this I'm very happy he's offered to help with the analysis of al the data.

Please join me in raising a glass to Mike, I can tell you, looking at al that data and stats is no fun.

Nice one @MikeMorrell I'd be interested in learning what works and doesn't re the cafe :)

Jx
I have done this and I'd like to offer a big thank you to Mike for helping.

Google analytics does offer a lot of useful info to understand what is right and wrong about the site. But it makes my brain glaze over, so as Mike is good at this I'm very happy he's offered to help with the analysis of al the data.

Please join me in raising a glass to Mike, I can tell you, looking at al that data and stats is no fun.

Just happy to help out where I can!