support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Saxophones Who knows about Antigua Tenor saxes?

DavidUK

Café Supporter
Locality
Near Lutterworth, Leics.
:confused:

Does anyone have any experience of this make?

Specifically the TS3220LQ as here:
Alto Saxophones | Only the world's finest @KesslerMusic

Can't find any UK retailer selling them, or any reviews particularly. Should that tell me something???
I believe this model replaced the 520 model.

Thanks for any thoughts, or experiences.

;}

Sax.co.uk have only sopranos and altos in stock, which might explain why you are having trouble finding tenors as they have huge stocks of saxes. If you drop them an email or give them a call, given the size of their stock and the variety of makes they supply they will tell you honestly what they think of the make, how it compares with others etc. Hopefully they will tell you why they don't have tenors. I was in the shop when a guy bought one - and I thought it was a tenor - but my short term memory wasn't what it was! Perhaps they're running down their stocks.

Madmac from the Doorbell has blown his teachers Antigua so he should be able to offer advice.

Hi, the only way to find out is to try them and see which you prefer. Not easy if secondhand although some good shops allow 7 day testing - but their second hand stock is limited and will be more expensive than via private sale.

A used Bauhaus Walstein in excellent condition is likely to cost more than £300 as they're around £700 new. Prices have risen since the review. If you go that route find out how the sax has been used so you can estimate what work may need doing, as this can add significantly to cost.

if you're not too particular on brand, I'd suggest going to a shop to try some saxes and see what you like in terms of ergonomics and sound. Actually holding the sax can feel very different from brand to brand. You may find it's neither Antigua or BW that floats your boat!

More questions than answers as the song goes....:headscratch:
Dee

I meant to say a minimum of £700 new, depending on model. Sorry.....

Buffet T400.....................................................? The man at Howarth thought that they put the Yani T901 in the shade!

I play one Tom, can give you the phone number of the retailer if you like - He is in Northern Ireland but he may be able to give you contact details of his Rep!

Back
Top Bottom