support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Wheels for bari case?

Maybe something like this, you could change the bag.
walking_frame_3_wheeled_tw008.gif
Don't you need yours any more?

not sure how you would fix wheels to your case, but have you looked in to this kind of thing.

lightweight and foldable would be the ideal, i suppose.

Foldable Hand Cart, (Max. Weight) 80kg | Departments | DIY at B&Q

good luck

I have one of these - it was bought to transport my daughter's archery kit across fields from carpark to shooting field one wet summer, when we were not allowed to park on the grass (for fear of churning it up, or sinking!)

However, it also came in useful to transport my Bari sax until I decided to purchase a Jacob Winter wheeled case. (expensive, but my elbows and Bari deserved it!)

The only problem with the foldable trolley was that the handle part was tight up against the Bari case, when the case was strapped onto the trolley, which made it difficult the wheel the whole thing. However, if your Bari case has a handle of its own on the short end, than you could use that instead.

I have a Selmer case with wheels and used is once to take my bari to music school about 500 yards down the road from home and my instructor told me it was to be avoided as the bari inside the case could suffer from the shocks on the bumpy ride. Our streets aren't very well maintained and you always have a few curbs along the way...

I took my alto away when I volunteered at London 2012.
The alto was in its case inside a wheeled suitcase. What with the train and tube journeys, when I came to open the alto case at the destination, the lyre wing nut had jiggled completely out of its threaded hole and was loose inside the case!
I pack my Baritone sax inside it's case using face flannels to stop it from rattling around when wheeling it.

What about the trolley used for golf bags? You can even get a self propelled version. They also have nice wide wheels.

That's such a good idea. I never thought of it. Having said that, I don't move my baritone around much! :rolleyes:

But I have a golf trolley in the room next to my studio so I'll have a look. Just for the concept!

Last edited:
Maybe this sounds a little odd, but I think I'd start at Goodwill and Salvation Army looking at suitcases, walkers, and kids' toys with wheels to see if anything might be adapted.