All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians

What do you think so far? (Word Games threads)

The word games

• Love

• Hate

• Don't really care either way

Results are only viewable after voting.

MarkSax

Locality
UK
I agree, either too obscure or maybe just not associated, but seems pointless to challenge almost every one

Interestingly how would that work without copyright issues?
I thought the first 15 secs were public domain but I guess I was wrong.

Pete Thomas

Commercial Supporter
Locality
St. Mary's
I thought the first 15 secs were public domain but I guess I was wrong.
People often think that. It comes from misunderstanding the concept of fair use, which is not as simple as people would like.

Sue

One prosecco, two prosecco, three prosecco - floor
Café Supporter
Locality
The Millenium Falcon
My big problem I suppose is that to me the associations seem to be extremely obscure. Most of them I don't get. I don't think it should be necessary to have to explain them, or to be so obscure nobody would get them. Or maybemy brain has just got way to much fog in it these days.
I often don't get the connection either but I quite enjoy racking the old brain cells. I can only ever come up with obvious connections but I quite like joining in.

mizmar

Locality
Trondheim, Norway
Maybe it would work to put the explanation in a spoiler:

I'm not sure challenging associations is really useful, unlike technical errors (such as replying to an old post, the bracket thing etc). Someone sees an association and someone else doesn't. So? Do you want to moderate each contention? And either it stalls the game or the game continues and noone want's to rewind...

Maybe it's better to have a convention like we use the off-topic fish to ask for an explanation and discussions / cheers of appreciation / jeers of derision...

Something like
It's only a game for the amusement of oneself and others

Last edited:
Reactions: Sue

Staff online

Popular Discussions

London
Paris
New York
Los Angeles
Sydney
Moscow