support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

We're supporting El-Pussycat at the Donkey, Leicester March 23rd

Fraser Jarvis

We're supporting El-Pussycat on March 23rd Live at the Donkey in Leicester, this will be a very interesting event for me as i will be supporting my old mate Drew who plays sax professionally and has played with The Specials, Laurel Aitken, prince buster etc etc...the list goes on!
Guess it will be interesting for him as well as he was part of the Splitters original line up and together with our trumpet player Steve used to be part of Laurel Aitkens brass section!
The other thing the sound guy will be Gaz Birtles who used to play sax for the Beautiful South, (anyone remember them?) so all in all i should get my fingers very badly burned trying to mix it with the pros, but what the hell! anyone wishing to witness the carnage please feel free to come along! http://www.facebook.com/events/556741984337614/?ref=3

Just found out Sandra Aitken...Laurels wife is coming to watch us play, what a surreal and humbling experience for me anyway, cant wait to meet her! so sad and such a shame i never met him, really wish i had although i hear so much about him through Steve, Drew and Tony....sounds such a nice guy!

Don't think I've ever been on top form Kev, all i can do is give it my best shot, should be a good night though!

Damn, why is it that our gigs always clash? Have a great time fella, this could be a good gig, my advice would be to forget who's around you, if it was me I'd probably fall apart. I hate playing in front of sax players! :w00t:

Ha ha, thanks for the advice Pete, and yes I'll try to forget about who's there but on my first gig i constantly was looking down at the sax so as not to look at anyone, but on the pictures/video it looks oh so bad, so i will have no option but to look out into the crowd! and yes at the Donkey i will be playing in front of the best of the best! and i know he's going to make a point of blowing me away with his solo's but i guess he's got to, it's his livelihood at the end of the day.

Fall apart? how can you fall apart when you can play as good as you Pete! no don't think that will happen somehow, not after being under close scrutiny by a crowd of stone cold sober musicians in broad daylight at Oxjam last year!

Wish I could come. As you already know I will be travelling home from Scotland on the day so no way will have the energy to go out that night :-((((

Looking out into the studio from the control room were our keyboard guy Ralph is recording his part of a song by the Beat, Ranking Full Stop!

Attachments

• Ralph.JPG
    Ralph.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 56
Recording my part of Rankin Full Stop for the Beat teenage Cancer Album... that's an SE valve condenser mic worth £1000 didn't want to get to close just in case! we also used a SM57 to mic the lower stack to thicken out the sound.

Attachments

• studio.JPG
    studio.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 56
Looking good, I'm trying to juggle things so's me and mrs timbo can come along :thumb:

Just had to check my boy's football times for sunday, but he's not playing until the afternoon, so we can get back from leicester in plenty of time.

Tickets bought, looking forward to it :D

Just got in from the gig, and Fraser and his band were great! The place was packed, and everyone enjoyed it, I was very impressed. I much preferred Fraser's band to the main act, who were very slick, polished, but a bit "safe" for me (my wife said the main act would be a great wedding band. We left when they started playing "my girl lollipop"). Fraser's lot had a cracking sound, we'd definitely come and see them again. Managed a quick hello at the end of the set, good to meet you Fraser, keep me posted on future gigs.

Just got in from the gig, and Fraser and his band were great! The place was packed, and everyone enjoyed it, I was very impressed. I much preferred Fraser's band to the main act, who were very slick, polished, but a bit "safe" for me (my wife said the main act would be a great wedding band. We left when they started playing "my girl lollipop"). Fraser's lot had a cracking sound, we'd definitely come and see them again. Managed a quick hello at the end of the set, good to meet you Fraser, keep me posted on future gigs.
Wow, just saw this post! very kind of you to say so Tim, and glad you thought we weren't to safe! we like to live dangerously! and when you consider the main act were all working musicians and we are mostly all week end warriors i don't think we embarrassed ourselves to much.

Here's the only picture I have of us on Sunday at the Ska fest...

Attachments

• Dubin Castle Ska Fest.jpg
    Dubin Castle Ska Fest.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 89
Back
Top Bottom