support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Weird gig

Tenor Viol

Full of frets in Cumbria
Café Supporter
Locality
Penrith, Cumbria, UK
Well, wish me luck! I have a weird gig early this evening (my first outing since the op 3 weeks ago) - International Conference Centre in Birmingham - at a medical conference :confused2:.

It's the kind of weird thing that happens when your music director is a professor of medicine ;}

Risking the train as the M6 is probably an even bigger risk!

Then.... Good luck, hope it goes well!
Taking the new cello along? >:)

Then.... Good luck, hope it goes well!
Taking the new cello along? >:)
The "new 'cello" is still aspirational GAS :)))

No, a cappella singing with the chamber choir - 22 of us, but only 2 first basses :eek: - quite a lot of the Vaughan Williams is split bass line....

Last edited by a moderator:
Sound "interesting", we have one in Wolverhampton tomorrow along with the male voice choir.... should be "interesting" too

Well, that was very different! The ICC is part of the same complex as Symphony Hall in Birmingham. The auditorium we performed in was very large - we had an audience of over 600.

The IT guy said he would send us a video of it, so I'll try to post something when we get it.

I've performed in some big venues before, so it didn't over efface me, but some of the ladies in the choir were having the colly-wobbles before we went on stage.

It was a mixed European audience so we performed various arrangements of English folk songs by composers such as Holst and Vaughan Williams etc.

Glad it went well.
Thanks - I'm visiting another luthier today, before having to sing at somethign else this afternoon (and I've got another one tomorrow - in a castle's private chapel of all places!) - this GAS attack is quite extended :shocked: