support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Weird day...

Tenor Viol

Full of frets in Cumbria
Café Supporter
Locality
Penrith, Cumbria, UK
Regular readers of the ravings that pass for my postings will be aware that I attempt to play a number of instruments in additon to the sax. Today has been a very odd day.

My last cello lesson was before Christmas. My cello teacher, as an aspirant rock deity (well he is 23) he has decided to go on the Grand Tour - he has disappeared off to Europe for a number of months with his band on tour. I don't think he'll be teaching on his return. So, I have had to find a new cello teacher. I had my first lesson with her today - a lady of mature years and a vicar's wife - not much of a contrast there then.

Now for the really weird bit. I was in town having a coffee after my lesson and received a text from my sax teacher. He's primarily a woodwind tech and he hires rooms in a music shop for his workshop and also for the teaching that he does. The shop has suddenly gone out of business. He has found an alternative workshop but he hasn't got anywhere to teach.

So now I need a new sax teacher :(

When it rains it pours !! Or are you just jinxed !

I think my tutor has some slots on a Thursday in Heald Green around 5ish if that is any use to you.

He does travel to student's homes but I think Shropshire may be a little far. He teaches at his home in Bollington too if you want to travel.

Jx

Thanks Jeanette. Heald Green is about 20 mins from the office. Bollington is also not that far from the office - about 12 miles, but about 40 miles from home!

I shall have to give this some careful thought...

Gee, thanks! My playing's rubbish? I already knew that.
Sorry, couldn't resist. Comes from going to a boys' school: just can't pass up an opportunity to be rude. Hope you find a couple of good ones soon.

Sorry, couldn't resist. Comes from going to a boys' school: just can't pass up an opportunity to be rude. Hope you find a couple of good ones soon.

Aren't you a bit old to be going to school?

Aren't you a bit old to be going to school?
True, but the scars take a long time to heal. I expect your schooling consisted of a ball of string and a catnip-scented toy mouse. How I envy you.