Tutorials
Shop
Supporting special needs music education since 2008
About
Forum guide
Rules
Support the Café fundraising
Mailing
Pete Thomas music
Biog
Discussion
Forum sections
Start a discussion
Articles
Timezones
Articles
Articles on CafeSaxophone
Articles on Taming The Saxophone
Shop
NEW
All new posts (unfiltered)
Latest activity
Social Feed
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Quick Search
Search titles only
Note
By:
Forum sections
Start a discussion
Articles
Timezones
Menu
Log in
Register
How to install the app
How to install the app on iOS
NB: For Safari start at step 2
(Firefox only) Tap on the hamburger menu at bottom right
Tap on the share icon
(bottom of page)
Scroll down and tap on
Add to Home Screen:
Note:
This feature may not be available in some browsers.
New!
Try our new Social Feeds, look out for the navigation icon:
. You can now set default social feed view in your account preferences.
Discussion
🎷 Main Discussion sections🎷
Breakfastroom (chat and relax...)
watches
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="ghostler" data-source="post: 560462" data-attributes="member: 9204"><p>Last week of February we were Philippines bound. I wanted a watch that was reliable, didn't know what our electricity situation would be like. I left behind my sports watch that tracks my heart beat, keeps tabs on sleep data, etc. It required recharging every couple days.</p><p></p><p>[ATTACH=full]30048[/ATTACH]</p><p></p><p>It was a gift from my daughter about 15 years ago. Made in China, appeared to be very sturdy with a quartz movement, but then I had a difficult time removing the extra wristband links to fit my wrist. So, it sat in a drawer all these years.</p><p></p><p>Now with more tools collected since, I was able to pop loose the removable pins, shortened the wristband. I also managed to pop the back off, to replace the battery. Got it matched up.</p><p></p><p>The manufacturer had made the back extremely hard to put back on, it must have been about 0.001 of an inch over what it should have been. I finally wrestled it back on, a press fit. The non-quartz electric Seiko I had 50 years ago in college had a back that was waterproof, but easy to pop off to replace the battery.</p><p></p><p>The little self adhesive silver framed celluloid window to cover the date had come loose of its own accord. I guess the adhesive dried up, causing it to pop loose with motion. If I noticed it prior to getting the back on, I would have just simply removed it, not necessary and looks good without.</p><p></p><p>The difficulty I had getting the back on, I just left it where it has not moved all this time, the 26 minute location on the dial. I didn't miss tracking my sleep for 3 weeks nor my heartbeat, either.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="ghostler, post: 560462, member: 9204"] Last week of February we were Philippines bound. I wanted a watch that was reliable, didn't know what our electricity situation would be like. I left behind my sports watch that tracks my heart beat, keeps tabs on sleep data, etc. It required recharging every couple days. [ATTACH type="full" alt="2025-08-22 Relic reloj de pusera2.webp"]30048[/ATTACH] It was a gift from my daughter about 15 years ago. Made in China, appeared to be very sturdy with a quartz movement, but then I had a difficult time removing the extra wristband links to fit my wrist. So, it sat in a drawer all these years. Now with more tools collected since, I was able to pop loose the removable pins, shortened the wristband. I also managed to pop the back off, to replace the battery. Got it matched up. The manufacturer had made the back extremely hard to put back on, it must have been about 0.001 of an inch over what it should have been. I finally wrestled it back on, a press fit. The non-quartz electric Seiko I had 50 years ago in college had a back that was waterproof, but easy to pop off to replace the battery. The little self adhesive silver framed celluloid window to cover the date had come loose of its own accord. I guess the adhesive dried up, causing it to pop loose with motion. If I noticed it prior to getting the back on, I would have just simply removed it, not necessary and looks good without. The difficulty I had getting the back on, I just left it where it has not moved all this time, the 26 minute location on the dial. I didn't miss tracking my sleep for 3 weeks nor my heartbeat, either. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Post reply
Join us in the Cafe!
Contact mods
Follow us:
Member Blogs (currently active)
Saxophones
Pork Tales: Saxophone Repair DIY Adventures.
Started by PigSquealer
May 22, 2025
Replies: 1K
Saxophones: gear, playing, repair, impro
Blog
Tenor Viol's musings
Started by Tenor Viol
Oct 22, 2016
Replies: 2K
Breakfastroom (chat and relax...)
Blog
Mike's musings
Started by MikeMorrell
Sep 5, 2024
Replies: 274
Breakfastroom (chat and relax...)
Trending
Daily Check In
Jeanette
Apr 21, 2024
Replies: 3K
Pork Tales: Saxophone Repair DIY Adventures.
PigSquealer
May 22, 2025
Replies: 1K
Saxophone word dissociation game
Pete Thomas
May 17, 2025
Replies: 2K
Selmer Supreme alto (quick look)
Stephen Howard
Sep 24, 2026
Replies: 87
Is AI taking over!
mikaheik
Sep 12, 2025
Replies: 640
C Melody Saxophones
Andy Hornblower
Aug 19, 2015
Replies: 669
Today's Weather & Wild Temperature Swings
Tenor Viol
Dec 10, 2014
Replies: 1K
watches
aldevis
Apr 29, 2012
Replies: 872
Saxophones, rarely discussed
wakyct
Sep 27, 2026
Replies: 79
S
What are you listening to (plus reviews)
suethesax
Nov 18, 2007
Replies: 3K
Popular Discussions on the Café
Saxophones
Carrying a tenor on a (motor)bike?
Started by Jay
Jul 4, 2015
Replies: 769
Saxophones: gear, playing, repair, impro
Saxophones
C Melody Saxophones
Started by Andy Hornblower
Aug 19, 2015
Replies: 669
Saxophones: gear, playing, repair, impro
Jazz
Music for Night Owls
Started by saxplorer
Mar 5, 2015
Replies: 466
Great music and favourite Videos
Playing the saxophone
The Cafe Trio grown to Octet down to Sextet
Started by trimmy
Feb 15, 2015
Replies: 844
Saxophones: gear, playing, repair, impro
Saxophones
How will Tariffs affect Sax Prices?
Started by Ivan
Apr 4, 2025
Replies: 462
Saxophones: gear, playing, repair, impro
Great Players
Who sparked your love of Sax music
Started by jools
Apr 2, 2008
Replies: 619
Saxophones: gear, playing, repair, impro
Playing the saxophone
Learn to play by ear or by reading music
Started by Taz
Feb 16, 2016
Replies: 1K
Saxophones: gear, playing, repair, impro
Tech/maintenance
My new "DIY" pads...
Started by DavidUK
Jan 12, 2022
Replies: 393
Saxophones: gear, playing, repair, impro
Theory & Impro
Do we really need theory?
Started by jbtsax
Feb 18, 2016
Replies: 497
Saxophones: gear, playing, repair, impro
6
Misc Reviews
Yamaha YDS-150 Wind Synth
Started by Acc6441
Oct 22, 2020
Replies: 301
Saxophones: gear, playing, repair, impro
Playing the saxophone
Learning to Read v Playing by ear
Started by BigMartin
Aug 19, 2015
Replies: 505
Saxophones: gear, playing, repair, impro
Featured Classifieds
Inderbinen Tenor for Sale
for sale - PPT 8* tenor mouthpiece
10m fan celebration tenor H/R
1930 Selmer New Large Bore Tenor Saxophone #13895
isolo prime wireless mic with effects box
Selmer Alto Shortshank C* refaced to Meyer 6m by Ed Pillinger
H N White King Cleveland Curved Soprano Saxophone
1937 Martin Committee
Re faced Otto link NY
Whole load of grrrreat books & playalongs - fire sale
Straight soprano case for sale
Harry Hartmann Fiberreed for tenor - used once and disinfected
That Moaning Saxophone - Bruce Vermazen
AKG C12VR microphone
Tenor Sax Mouthpieces for sale
Original vintage Buescher brochure and vintage ads
Latest Song of the Month
T
SOTM
SOTM October 2026 - The Chicken
Started by Taragot
Wednesday at 8:15 PM
Replies: 7
Cafe Members' Recordings & Gigs
SOTM
SotM September 2026 - Autumn Leaves
Started by mrblackbat
Sep 1, 2026
Replies: 23
Cafe Members' Recordings & Gigs
SOTM
SOTM August 2026 - Creep
Started by atwl77
Jul 31, 2026
Replies: 13
Cafe Members' Recordings & Gigs
SOTM
and Play by ear July 2026
Started by Wade Cornell
Jun 30, 2026
Replies: 21
Cafe Members' Recordings & Gigs
SOTM
SOTM June 2026 "And You Just Smile" (from ear to ear- training)
Started by LostCircuits
May 30, 2026
Replies: 11
Cafe Members' Recordings & Gigs
SOTM
SOTM May 2026 - Always Remember Us This Way
Started by MikeMorrell
Apr 28, 2026
Replies: 39
Cafe Members' Recordings & Gigs
SOTM
SOTM April 2026 - Freedom Jazz Dance
Started by rhysonsax
Mar 31, 2026
Replies: 14
Cafe Members' Recordings & Gigs
SOTM
SOTM and PETE (Play by Ear Training Exercise)
Started by Wade Cornell
Feb 28, 2026
Replies: 16
Cafe Members' Recordings & Gigs
SOTM
SOTM Feb 2026 - On Green Dolphin Street
Started by mrblackbat
Jan 31, 2026
Replies: 44
Cafe Members' Recordings & Gigs
SOTM
SOTM January 2026: Our Love Is Here to Stay
Started by GCinCT
Jan 1, 2026
Replies: 46
Cafe Members' Recordings & Gigs
SOTM
SOTM December 2025: Wexford Carol
Started by MikeMorrell
Nov 30, 2025
Replies: 37
Cafe Members' Recordings & Gigs
SOTM
SOTM November 2025 - Red Baron
Started by sax panther
Nov 1, 2025
Replies: 36
Cafe Members' Recordings & Gigs
Forum statistics
Topics
32,278
Messages
576,527
Members
8,088
Latest member
saxn00b445
Discussion
🎷 Main Discussion sections🎷
Breakfastroom (chat and relax...)
watches
Back
Top
Bottom