Also those are brass too though, greater longevity, easier to manipulate as a tech imho. Never messed with a Beauniger are they any good?
I own a very nice SBA alto, that I bought it 1974. I’ll never part with it.
I also own a Vito Model 37 alto, made by Beaugnier, and a model 38 alto in silver plate, labeled Beaugnier, made for a music store in Dijon. This is the same model that Vito marketed as “The Duke”.
Both of these instruments sound as good as my SBA. They are very in tune. The keywork is a little clunky, especially low C# on the Model 37. But not bad at all when set up properly. Ted Nash, the great saxophonist who was with the Lincoln Center Jazz Orchestra for 11years, plays a Model 37 alto.
Noblet and LeBlanc saxes are almost all made by Beaugnier, including all the Rationale versions. Beaugnier was not owned by LeBlanc, or by Vito, but there may have been some long term business arrangement between them. Saxes with a Beaugnier label are rare, but they made a lot of horns.
An interesting side note is that the Beaugnier factory was literally around the corner from Selmer. I have read many places that factory employees often worked in both locations, but there is no official documentation to support that. There is very little documentation on Beaugnier at all, because of a fire in its factory sometime in the late 1960’s (I think).
In the USA, it’s pretty easy to find Beaugnier-made Vito saxes, and they are worth looking for. They play extremely well. They aren’t very expensive, either. I paid $279 for my Model 37, it needed a good cleaning and a repad, and less than $1K for the silver Model 38, including shipping from Germany. That one needed no work. The one exception to the low price might be the alto that Johnny Hodges played…