support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Mouthpieces Vintage Woodwind Educator bari B5

Alc.

Just received the mpc and surprise! the Rovner ligature that was too large for the Faxx (had to use a shim) is much too small for the Educator. With the reed under the ligature it goes on the mpc about halfway. It plays fine, but I would like to see more of the reed to vibrate. It is much fatter and shorter than the Faxx and Rico. When I slid it on the neck it came nearly to the end of the cork. I suppose I could look for a longer screw for the Rovner.

You could look for bass sax ligs which will probably fit a big-bodied baritone mouthpiece. I have a couple of those old big bari pieces and that works for me.

Those mouthpieces also play pretty well on the bass sax, so you could try buying one of those. But it does get a bit expensive !

Rhys

I'm still looking for a ligature for pickle barrel mpc, but will look for a bass lig as well. As for buying a bass, I had just paid off the Buescher bari, and yesterday UPS delivered my 1920 Buescher alto; my wife is beginning to look at me sideways, shaking her head. Thanks, Rhys.