PPT mouthpieces

Saxophones Vintage saxophones being re-lacquered

I think the better you are the worst your horn can look. It is a status symbol. The audience has a wow factor thinking you have played that horn forever.
I have been on the lower side of finances all my life. Many used items to make do with. If I could get something half way good and make it look like new again, I was a happy man. What others called antiques, my family called "hand-me-downs". My 1926 Buescher True Tone silver Alto will be polished as bright as I can make it. Sorry if I ruined it, but it is a great horn and I want it to look the part.

Sorry for bumping this thread if that's a no-no here, but I'm new.

I finally did something about a desire to learn the sax. I've acquired a vintage King Zephyr alto on which to learn. I took it to a technician who is considered The Man in this part of the world; he's where all the pros go when they need their horns serviced. He says it's a strong horn and I got it at a very good price.

He did a complete overhaul on it, and during the course of cleaning it discovered that it once had a silver finish, but was re-lacquered with a gold finish. Is it wise to look into having it restored to it's original silver finish? Would this do anything to the sound of the instrument?

Back
Top Bottom