support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Saxophones Vintage saxophones being re-lacquered

lithium would be an outstanding solution (pun!) to some some perceptional problems about sound.........

suck them up they will stabilise any swings in the mood ......

like this

very steady and stable......

Last edited by a moderator:
Since there is (as there is) a (batter)-ISTA there should be a (batter)-ISM............but there isn’t!

I think the better you are the worst your horn can look. It is a status symbol. The audience has a wow factor thinking you have played that horn forever.
I have been on the lower side of finances all my life. Many used items to make do with. If I could get something half way good and make it look like new again, I was a happy man. What others called antiques, my family called "hand-me-downs". My 1926 Buescher True Tone silver Alto will be polished as bright as I can make it. Sorry if I ruined it, but it is a great horn and I want it to look the part.

I have been on the lower side of finances all my life. Many used items to make do with.

I was so proud of my motorbike, when I gave it away for free. That bike had a proper life (as most of my horns).

this is a low grade 1 carrot instrument only

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for bumping this thread if that's a no-no here, but I'm new.

I finally did something about a desire to learn the sax. I've acquired a vintage King Zephyr alto on which to learn. I took it to a technician who is considered The Man in this part of the world; he's where all the pros go when they need their horns serviced. He says it's a strong horn and I got it at a very good price.

He did a complete overhaul on it, and during the course of cleaning it discovered that it once had a silver finish, but was re-lacquered with a gold finish. Is it wise to look into having it restored to it's original silver finish? Would this do anything to the sound of the instrument?

Welcome to Café Sax

No problem bumping old posts, do pop over to the doorbell section and introduce yourself :)

Jx

Back
Top Bottom