support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Tom Electrified.

old git

Tremendous Bore
The Govvy persons, Lord Adonis himself, are going to electrify God's Wonderful Railway as far as Abertawe which will bring Tom, his Skabone and the other BRers nearer to us. (Just don't forget your passports and CaSLM dues.)
The pity is they are not restoring Brunel's 7 foot gauge.

Had to post the good news as doubtful if even the Paul Weller impersonator's outstanding race of truth ability can get him on the podium at the Boucle.

Had to post the good news as doubtful if even the Paul Weller impersonator's outstanding race of truth ability can get him on the podium at the Boucle.

Still an outstanding performance yesterday. Quelle domage les freres had to go on the attack yesterday. If they hadn't he'd have still been lined up for a podium. How much do you think he can claw back in the contre le montre?

(Do you think anyone other than the two of us has any idea what this drivel is about?)

Jon,
Cast your mind back to when Dooce went on MotoGP holiday taking my tuned Villiers 9E barrel that allowed the Oxford Brad to win, if we get Dooce to take it out to London, really Belgium Brad, do you think the UCI will be suspicious if he goes up Ventoux at eighty K leaving a smoke trail? Can be blamed on Cont, White Andy and Livestrong blowing a gasket.

Jon,
do you think the UCI will be suspicious if he goes up Ventoux at eighty K leaving a smoke trail? Can be blamed on Cont, White Andy and Livestrong blowing a gasket.

I think the sweet, sweet smell of Castrol R might be a give away. Wonder if it's on the list of banned substances?

Pour methanol over your sax, tip the nitro tin for more oxygen, squidge of R, if it is still available and set alight. Do let us know the result.

Takes me back to my grass track sidecar days, especially the day we didn't drain the tank. Rolled the outfit so neither of us was as compos mentos as normal, not that that was anything to boast about, put the bike in the van, chair on top with the fullish tank. Result, light blue van with tasteful 'tie dye' white bits where the methanol had bleached Ford's finest finish.

It would be good to raid the Gower coast by rapid electric railway. I'd quite forgotten it was still diesel having not done the journey by train to Cardiff or beyond for years. I can remember when it was still steam and I think even when I was very small they still used to double head the locos so they could get up the incline in the Severn tunnel.

It was rumoured that Brunel introduced the 7ft gauge so the whole band could sit inside without the trombone hanging out the back. And you thought "tailgate" came from New Orleans?

Tom, I've gone back to the Rico Jazz Select 2Ms that you kindly sent me last year. I found them quite difficult at the time, but my diaphragm breathing and embouchure must have improved since taking on a teacher, as the Jazz now play much easier - and make my Mauriat sound even more mellow. So thanks!
:welldone
Colin

ps Castrol R must still be around as some of the youngsters who burn round our way on those 50cc things must put a drop in the tank. That glorious evocative smell....

Ah! or perhaps - R! That could be it but it still smells the same. Instantly takes me to Crystal Palace in the late 1960s and vintage racing cars - ERAs, MG J4s. In the same way that the smell of gardenias is supposed to remind one of Billie Holiday. Something to do with the olfactory nerves being the most primitive of senses.....

Talking of shells and the Guns of Navarone, Tom do the MoD still use Pendine Sands as a test firing range during the day? You could drive up the sands after 4pm when they'd finished. My dad let me drive his Morris Minor and I did 50mph - 9 years old and could hardly see where I was going. My mum was terrified; I thought I was Parry Thomas, except I survived.:shocked:
Colin

Beach driving

Ah, beach driving. That takes me back. When I was a youth a group of us used to go for beach parties on Redcar beach, by the steelworks. A grim and inhospitable place by day, with the steelworks right by the beach. On a summers night it became rather wonderful, with a wide, flat beach, and in the dark you couldn't see the satanic industrial scene. The sand was very hard, and you could drive as fast as you liked. I remember touching 120mph in a mate's dad's Rover SD1:w00t: If the owner of said vehicle had found out he'd have gone ballistic. Small wonder it rusted away to nothing in a couple of years.:))) Good job it was a company car and not paid for out of his own pocket.

Back
Top Bottom