support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Today I am mostly............

Glad it's rained as I can put off for another day the annual Forth bridge job of painting 100ft of lattice garden fence. It is in Autumn Red and bound to splash on my arms and face, so I can't show myself in public as the neighbours will think I 've been self-harming. The strangulated sax noise probably adds to their concerns about my mental health. Still, should be able to get an hour or more's practice in while there's not too many around this afternoon. :sax:
Colin

1. I'm hoping some collared doves will get it on them (in the style of red billed crows) so I can report a new breed to the RSPB for this week's bird count. Their song is like a distant alto sax.
2. It might rub off on some of the rampant rodents and make them think they are red squirrels not grey ones, thus engendering a sense of environmental responsibility in them.

looking forward to tonight's jam at the Squirrel in Rugby. (It would appear that I live sleep eat and talk sax at the moment) I, like Ian, haven't practiced all week. I played a gig on Friday night and made my mouth bleed again. I think this is caused by my lack of practice (yup I know, own fault, no sympathy) so tonight will be my first practice session before my next gig this Saturday.

Well, I'm (fortunately) nearing the end of an entire non-fortnight with my wife's mother and sister over here for a visit. Within 5 minutes of coming through arrivals the one bit of hand luggage containing all the important stuff (both their passports, money, all their medication for the stay, etc.) was nicked. So ... I now know what the inside of three previously avoided police stations look like, also the British Consulate ... and how to fill in a grillion passport forms, where to get the 'biometrically appropriate' photographs one needs these days, how to do various other bits of paperwork and foraging around a whole lot of chemist shops trying to get them re-stocked with their English-branded pills or rather Spanish-branded equivalents ... all that in order for them to be able to go back where they came from in three days time. I think I'd quite prefer a couple of weeks of backache ... or even the opportunity to go and paint all our 2M high chain link fence a pretty colour. And if the M.I.L. says one more time "can't you play Stranger On The Shore on that trombone of yours" (yes, I have explained that its a saxophone but she still calls it a trombone!) I think I'll ... (no ... I'd probably get arrested for that!).

Supposed to be re-doing the garage (come suite) but found Lee's solo for "Slippin' & Slidin'" on the site figured out I can use it "Lonesome" for a change of sound, instead of my upper register screeching. Then painted counter on outside barbecue kitchen (instead of inside in garage!!!!) a flat black!!!. Stopped for French Onion Soup with about 1/4 cup of Shiraz in it, for lunch and played Lee's solo, up a tone for it to fit. Also Pete Fountain's "My Insperation" on Clarinet, it is slowly getting less fumbly. Now to eat the soup.:mrcool

I gave up martial arts this year, had been doing them for over 30 years and decided to concentrate more on my golf, got bloody tendinitis now in my elbow, hurts like hell when i'm playing my tenor and as for swinging a golf club!!! only had one serious injury in all those years of training.
Anyway off to Barcelona on Sunday for a few days business. Was my home town for 10 years so got that to look forward to.
Band practice last night, lesson tonight just before the impending grade three exam in two weeks.
Check out crazydaisydoos's page some great bluesy numbers there.:w00t:

........ burning in some new headphones, working from home and (occasionally :w00t:) running through some E- & F- improvisations in my head for So What.

Think I'm gonna be in trouble with the headphones though. They are 'open backed' - brilliant sound but mrs hd is gonna moan - they are worse than the old 'iphone in-ear buds at volume' for sound leakage! >:)

........ burning in some new headphones, working from home and (occasionally :w00t:) running through some E- & F- improvisations in my head for So What.

Think I'm gonna be in trouble with the headphones though. They are 'open backed' - brilliant sound but mrs hd is gonna moan - they are worse than the old 'iphone in-ear buds at volume' for sound leakage! >:)

I'm editing again today and bouncing e-mails back and forth trying to resolve a website with video playback problems!

Talking of headphones I've just noticed my Beyerdynamic's padded ear cushion coverings are coming apart, I'm sure I've not had them that long :(

So Ian, what did you go for, the Sennheiser HD800's! or some Grado's with wood surrounds?

Chris

Isn't that a contradiction in terms?

Er, no. Surely improvisation is about taking the notes and applying them across a chord progression. I am trying a few 'riffs' and phrases out in my head - I find this easy compared to playing them. Anyways, I'm such a beginner at this improv lark I need to memorise a few bits and pieces and I can't do a 32 bar improv completely on the fly.

;}

I'm editing again today and bouncing e-mails back and forth trying to resolve a website with video playback problems!

Talking of headphones I've just noticed my Beyerdynamic's padded ear cushion coverings are coming apart, I'm sure I've not had them that long :(

So Ian, what did you go for, the Sennheiser HD800's! or some Grado's with wood surrounds?

Chris

I bought a Graham Slee Novo kit a little while ago and my bro' built it for me this week (I pick it up Friday evening) and I opted for the Grado R2s. I picked some up new for a bargain price - less than I could find some 325s for! Got them plugged into the Mac running through iTunes. I believe they need 30 hrs burn in. Dexter's playing 'In a Mellow Tone' at the mo.

Back
Top Bottom