support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

This Weekend's Gigs

@Veggie Dave - what clip on mic are you using? It sounds really good and I might need one to run my sax through loads of effects pedals for the avant garde free jazz doom metal power trio I'm being dragged into

@Veggie Dave - what clip on mic are you using?

It's a Samson Airline 77 that I got from Sax.co.uk, although it seems they've stopped stocking it.

Up to now I've had no problems at all with it except the mic can swivel on its bracket a bit too easily. I don't think it's even fed back yet, even when the volume on stage has been well beyond what it either needed to be or should have been.

The sound is bright and clear, which leaves lots of headroom to EQ however you want through the PA.

avant garde free jazz doom metal power trio I'm being dragged into

You better not be exaggerating because I really want this to be true. :D

We can't get them any more- don't think they're made :(
I have one of these, had it for about 12 years or so, they do still list them on Samson site, it used to be Korg that were the uk agents for these, not sure who is now.

t's a Samson Airline 77 that I got from Sax.co.uk, although it seems they've stopped stocking it.

Up to now I've had no problems at all with it except the mic can swivel on its bracket a bit too easily. I don't think it's even fed back yet, even when the volume on stage has been well beyond what it either needed to be or should have been.

The sound is bright and clear, which leaves lots of headroom to EQ however you want through the PA.

thanks, I'm not really after a wireless system but I'll see if I can just buy the mic and a battery pack/preamp, then I can get busy with my Zoom and Alesis multi effects pedals and maybe add a granular delay just for the fun of it.. most sax players don't seem to want to go beyond those vocal effects pedals with the harmoniser and reverb settings, but I'm into warping things as much as I can...

the Samson mic looks simliar to the Thomann T Bone system or the Superlux - both of which look like copies of the AudioTechnica Pro35..
as long as the mic element has enough shock absorption so it doesn't pick up the mechanical handling noise so you don't get those annoying low frequency thumps and bumps, then I'll be happy

avant garde free jazz doom metal power trio I'm being dragged into ...
You better not be exaggerating because I really want this to be true. :D
all I know so far is that the drummer I've been playing free jazz duos with for the last year has invited an israeli doom metal bass player to join us for a set at Skronkfest in London in august -. so if it works out I figure it's time to get tooled up and ready to rumble...

all I know so far is that the drummer I've been playing free jazz duos with for the last year has invited an israeli doom metal bass player to join us for a set at Skronkfest in London in august -. so if it works out I figure it's time to get tooled up and ready to rumble...

Under no circumstances are you allowed to forget to tell us when the gig is! :D

Help, my hair has gone grey, most of my muscles are sagging even my eyelids but my brain is still very active and inquisitive.
Pray tell me what is?
avant garde free jazz doom metal

Under no circumstances are you allowed to forget to tell us when the gig is! :D
we're on at 4.30pm 4th august at New River Studios 199 Eade Rd in Haringay warehouse district N4 1DN

Help, my hair has gone grey, most of my muscles are sagging even my eyelids but my brain is still very active and inquisitive.
Pray tell me what is?
not sure yet, we'll find out when we start playing - my free jazz sax and drums duo combined with a doom metal bassist making sure that anyone who comes on after us will have a hard act to follow, although the Apocalypse Jazz Unit might manage it...

This is, surprisingly, the first time I think I've ever heard me playing this song ... and I've realised I'm playing it wrong. :doh:

I always growl the second half but comparing the two versions it becomes obvious that Mr Parry doesn't. He's just got a very bright sound with the mic probably halfway down the bell of his horn. That will certainly make it a lot easier to pay from now on. ;)

looking at a few live videos on youtube, I don't think he's got the mic that close to the bell, I suspect he's just using a Berg Larsen or something similar..
I think you did a good job of capturing the essence of the solo with a nice tone..
I could be picky about a lot of things - the synth sounds aren't quite right and the guitarist needs to adjust his flanger slightly - it's the problem with covers bands is that the music is so well known that you notice the slightest details, even though the original band may never have played it as perfectly as the album either..
Did people clap and cheer at the end? If the audience loved it, then job well done.- often you're the only one who notices what you're doing wrong, so don't tell anyone

At least you are perfectly audible.... that's half the battle

Don’t be so hard on yourself Dave. It’s a great rendition of a brilliant track. How can you criticise yourself for playing it wrong when, let’s face it, to get it exactly right, you’ll need a Bari! :rofl: I enjoyed it, the audience enjoyed it and I hope you and the band enjoyed it too.

Don’t be so hard on yourself Dave. It’s a great rendition of a brilliant track. How can you criticise yourself for playing it wrong when, let’s face it, to get it exactly right, you’ll need a Bari! :rofl: I enjoyed it, the audience enjoyed it and I hope you and the band enjoyed it too.
even the expert can manage it without a bari :) -

View: https://youtu.be/0qjpOLj7WSY?t=7m20s

Back
Top Bottom