Things you do for money

OP
Nick Wyver

Nick Wyver

noisy
Subscriber
3 hours with a ten minute break. There were only three of us so I couldn't really have done the horn section thing of just standing there looking pretty and waving my horn about. Fortunately, it wasn't all country. A lot of 50s rock'n'roll made an appearance (80th birthday party) which doesn't require a great deal of thought - and a bit of jazz too.
Anyway, knackering, it was.
I frequently think I'm getting too old for this.

tenorviol

Full of frets in North Shropshire
Subscriber
Three hours is a heavy session. One thing I've realised as I've got older is that there is good musicianship from people playing in all genres. Still don't have much time for country - but the thing in its favour is that at least it has tunes... unlike rap which is always misspelt as it's missing its leading letter...

dooce

Could be worse. I've had to play CFW in the past.

Sorry, that's my standard abbreviation. Short for Careless Whisper.
I supported my local pub's jam session last week - not something I go to much as it usually clashes with band rehearsals or gigs. They generously worked through a few standards with me, Summertime, Watermelon Man etc - but the pay-off was - Careless Whisper. In all these years I've managed to avoid it but this time - no escape. I just feel.....so dirty
:)

DOONERS

Well - the ladies like it. ;)
Oh God no!!!! Having said that Sax wise I'm still finding my feet.

But as for normal listtening give me Marilyn Manson or Avenged Sevenfold any day!! The polar opposite to my Hubble, he wanted a Susan Boyle CD for his birthday, which is embarrassing enough, but now my bloody Amazon account recommending to me similar things that I "might like"o_O

Karlos Fandango

I’ve been putting loop points in wav files all day... making sampler patches for loopmasters... it’s a bit of a rough with the smooth job... editing sample packs is normally fairly interesting, but this particular job is well boring...

randulo

Second grade, but not second rate!
Subscriber
We once got an emergency call to play a CW bar in the Clovis Ca. foothills. No singer and an ad hoc jazz funk trio. After the first set, the owner was kind enough to pay us and tell us we could go.

Top Bottom