support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Theo wanne durga.. Does this look right

C1 to D2 should only open the body vent.
My mistake calling the body vent the top vent..anyhow i loosened the screw a bit and the vent opens constantly c2 to d2 no squeeks..i think it was sticking. Mouthpiece plays a treat defo keeper i love it...

The problem you got is you are getting frustrated because it won't play like you think it should.
You could like I said earlier try different reeds including a synthetic to help with squeaking, if its just the squeaking then with practise and time you will probably be able to control it, but Rome wasn't built in a day.
High baffle mouthpieces take time to adjust to if you can't or won't give it time then move to a less forgiving piece.
You have been playing 3 years, which is nothing in the grand scheme of your sax journey.
Thanksv@jazzdoh..i was getting frustrated because i didnt think it was a mouthpiece issue (just) i know my limitations but the reed played great up and down aside from that transition..i was getting frustrated more that in 9 pages no one offered advice on the fact that it may be a hardware issue only me getting above my station trying a pro piece..quite hurtful thats why i got a little defensive and apologise if i did. Anyway the body vent is sorted i loosened a screw and can now play at least up and down with that transition..defo a keeper easy blow nice low end. I cant wait to be able to get more from it..

With all due respect now the body vent is opening and closing fully its easy to play. Not perfectly but comfortably any squeeks are mine but i can adjust emboucher and problem goes...ive still got a lot of learning to do but now have a sax and mouthpiece combo that can accompany me...

A friend of mine back in the seventies had a very successful father who treated himself to a brand new Jenson Interceptor.
His mother had a mini. The Jenson was blocking the drive and mother couldn't get out in the mini. Not wanting to disturb him she found the keys. She just needed to back it up a few yards. What could be the harm?
The harm was, that as she let the clutch in the resulting reverse accelleration threw her out of the seat and onto the loud pedal.
The car rocketed through the rose garden, across the lawn, through the garden wall and into the street where it collided with three parked cars writing them off.
The exhaust was separated from the vehicle and flew onto the garage roof in pieces. The baffle proving to be very high indeed. ;)
Mother stepped from the vehicle unscathed btw.

Reactions: Mat
Ooh thats probably why you have issues re sports cars...had the woman passed her test ...it must of been her lucky day..mine to i guess fancy finding out that if the body octave doesnt open a sax squeeks and what turned out to be an easy piece to play at the basic level i play. Lucky i got great advice here really otherwise who knows what danger was lurking behind that baffle.. thank god for all of you...

...had the woman passed her test?
No she drove the mini illegally. :rolleyes:
The only problem I have with sports cars is getting in. Gutted when I wouldn't fit in a "E" type. Not keen on a flappy paddle gear change either.
The last bike I had did 70 in first gear. 0 to 60 just under 3 secs. Happy days. ;)

Doubt It GIF

This has been thrilling it’s better than East Enders. Eddie enjoy the mouthpiece and sax we all have different journeys and experiences getting to where we want to go or trying to get There. Some make it as pros some don’t ,some are happy sitting in a chair alone playing some want a crowd . That’s the beauty of learning anything The journey is the part we must enjoy .,To be honest with you all that matters is you enjoy your horn and set up once your happy in your mind with it , your hear yourself playing better , confidence will then rocket .

Good luck

Thanks @ punchysax think this thread has been more draining than the mpce tbf...lol...it doesnt matter im going to return it and sell my sax im never going to be a pro so may as well give up...i may get a recorder keep my goals low..no mpce issues that way....but thanks anyway..m

i may get a recorder keep my goals low..no mpce issues that way
Yes, but which recorder? Should it be rosewood or pear? Baroque or German fingering? It's a minefield out there! >:)

Is there any difference tonally.. I dont think it matters ill never be a pro recordist ??..plastic will do i dont want anything i cant handle..ive never driven a sports car im not allowed to on my full licence...so better stick with my robin reliant...i don't want to set my stall to high.....

Is there any difference tonally.. I dont think it matters ill never be a pro recordist ??..plastic will do i dont want anything i cant handle..ive never driven a sports car im not allowed to on my full licence...so better stick with my robin reliant...i don't want to set my stall to high.....
Your mention of sports car again brought this to mind.
When they changed to the new style registration plates in 2001 I bought one as a so called 'personal number plate' which amused me and has done several other people. I then had to buy a new car to put it on. Is this the equivalent of buying a mouthpiece and then trying to find a sax to go with it?

Lol smilies not working all the time think eeve burnt out the capitalisms

Robin reliant?...Reliant Robin.
I had several of the Reliant Regal Supervan III. An oxymoron if ever there was one.
I do hope nobody ever gives up anything due to ribbing on a forum.
The recorder is a fine instrument and can teach a player quite a lot about playing the saxophone imo.
The big ones are particularly entertaining. I wouldn't be without mine unlike the Reliants which I've upgraded to a Focus Ford. ;)

I realise that you are a bit of a wind up merchant @colinthebear ;-) but there are almost always sensible undertones which make sence. There seemed to be a bit of a character assassination going on ( not by you tbf)..most of the time ive a great sense of humour but to me the issue was serious. It makes me quite naucious to think of an amateur fun player spending that much on a piece but once the octave key was sorted the durga meets my needs and is easy to play..not many on the thread mentioned a hardware issue all focusing on my ability to play a pro piece..i know i wont play the durga like you guys it would be insulting to think i could..but its given me the motivation to try..i was a bit taken aback by some comments and lack of support thats all..

The golden rule for any sport, activity or job.
Check your equipment before you use it. ;)