support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

The Sun Ra Arkestra...

Here is a question for the Sun Raistas. I know he ascended in 1993 but did he go back to his birthplace Saturn and is living there with a number of his devoted ascendees.

Sightings of him have been reported in many places. The Hubble scope was used for a very hush hush scan performed by Professor Ishmael Merrick (In his own time.) But came up with negative results.

Mr Ra allegedly was seen eating a Gluten free Chilli Frostie in Wendy`s Peoria Ave. Phoenix Arizona
This was completely dismissed by a spokesman for the In N Out burger chain who commented ` I can and will assure ya awl this is a half baked publicity stunt, a bit like there (Wendy`s) frosties.

Ronald McDonald refused to comment on behalf of his sponsors but did mention that they had once offered to lend the Arkestra an assortment of orange wigs.

So is Ra aka Mr. Blount enjoying his ascendency on Saturn or residing in an American Musicians Union Gated Retirement Home for Colourful Characters in Orange County Cal.

The NE is offering a substantial reward for reports of a conclusive sighting.:thumb: N.

according to the little green men who gave me a lift home last night from Slim's Throat Emporium, Sun Ra is currently sitting in with Figrin D'an and The Modal Nodes - http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Figrin_D'an_and_the_Modal_Nodes who have a monday night residency at Riebold's Foam & Sizzle.
Mr Ra is also collaborating with Karlheinz Stockhausen (now resident on Sirius) on a multimedia presentation of The Big Bang, with libretto by Edwin Hubble

HEY NAVARRO,

Sun Ra's opuses are so far out that they make Thelonious Monk sound like Lawrence Welk!

I heard that he sometimes leaves Saturn and takes a vacation in the Kuiper Belt, outside Neptune's orbit.

Stephen Hawking says that it's easier to understand Heisenberg's "Uncertainty Principle" than Sun Ra's Music.

HAL

Nice one Hal. I notice your avatar keeps changing is this a deliberate attempt on your part to avoid the Time Lords. Your latest sees you posed by the side of what is evidently a de-fragmentation machine starter handle. (Woolworths stopped supplying these in 1986) A quick search of the Dr. Who archives has revealed that an individual in charge of a routine space probe originating out of the planetary system Orifica (Space Category and name `Hole in One.) disappeared mysteriously while making a pit stop in the Mojave. His last message to base being,translated from the Orifican as " Fed up of wearing a goldfish bowl and lead lined suit can`t scratch my darned back.Over and out Major Tom. (Apologies to Mr B.) Regds N.

Nav, you're as witty as I am!

The reason I change my Avatar so frequently is because that's the only way I can show everybody pictures of my varied interests!

This latest Avatar is of my old 17.5" Discovery rigid-tube Dob. With wooden cradle mount (not including 5-wheeled cart), it weighed 198 pounds. Great for Galaxies!

My other forums (Astronomy, Guns, RC Helicopters) allow me to post large-size 800 x 600 pixel photos that show much more detail than these Avatar thumbnails.

What are the "Time Lords"?

HAL

Last edited by a moderator:
Nav, you're as witty as I am!

The reason I change my Avatar so frequently is because that's the only way I can show everybody pictures of my varied interests!

This latest Avatar is of my old 17.5" Discovery rigid-tube Dob. With wooden cradle mount (not including 5-wheeled cart), it weighed 198 pounds. Great for Galaxies!

My other forums (Astronomy, Guns, RC Helicopters) allow me to post large-size 800 x 600 pixel photos that show much more detail than these Avatar thumbnails.

What are the "Time Lords"?

HAL
Hi Hal thanks for the compliment. To answer your question Dr Who is a time lord. I don`t know if you have had it beamed out on stateside TV, a very popular TV Sci Fi show here. Hal you are certainly in the right locale for Astronomy in fact all of your interests. Are you sure that is not a cannon you are standing beside, perhaps your other interest is the extreme sport of being a human cannon ball. best regds N.:shocked:

HEY NAV,

No, it's not a Cannon, a Howitzer, or a Mortar, although I get that question from many respondents!

Did you know that David Bowie once narrated Prokofiev's colorful Children's story "Peter and the Wolf", backed by the Philadelphia Orchestra under Eugene Ormandy?

Its true, or it would be unlawful to state it on this Forum!

HAL

Last edited by a moderator:
It would have been a felony only if he did the narration dressed as Ziggy Stardust.......

And to be fair, Bowie did have the good sense to hire a then little-known Stevie Ray Vaughan to play the lead guitar and solo on "Let's Dance."

HEY NAV,

Did you know that David Bowie once narrated Prokofiev's colorful Children's story "Peter and the Wolf", backed by the Philadelphia Orchestra under Eugene Ormandy?

Its true, or it would be unlawful to state it on this Forum!

HAL