support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Saxophones The right price

chequetere

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to sell my Buescher Stencil curved soprano. I've put it up on ebay a couple of times, one for £900 and the other for £800. I had no bids. Can anyone tell me what would be a fair price for it? It plays beautifully, sounds fantastic and is in perfect condition. I think £800 is fair and £700 is a bit low, what do you all think?

You can have a look at it here: http://www.musicalinstrumentsales.co.uk/viewad.php?adId=15008

It's also published on the YardSale and of course if it sales via a CafeSaxophone there will be a 5% contribution.

Thanks.

Agreed , a combination of vintage, soprano and curved rarely makes for a fast sale however good the horn.

Looks lovely, and I think it's good value at £700. However, Kev's right, there's a relatively limited market for these. There's also the eBay psychology thing. Bidders are reluctant to jump in at a price which might end up as the final value. When I sell saxes I always start them at a low price. The one I've got for sale at the moment started at £19.99.

Start it at 0.99p and create some interest world wide. You can set a reserve. Lots of bargains go through the roof in the last 5 mins

Lots of bargains go through the roof in the last 5 mins
they certainly do! I bid on 6 Yamaha CL250 clarinets before I finally won one. All my max bids were the same and all 6 clarinets were mine until the final 2 minutes or so!

Start it at 0.99p and create some interest world wide. You can set a reserve.
yep, some of the clarinets I bid on were started at 99p. no idea if any had reserves, but all sold for between £125 and £140.

I checked my Terapeak Research for Ebay sales in the U.S. and in the past 12 months only 7 Buescher "curvies" were sold. The prices (converted to pounds) from high to low were £876, £767, £570, and £423. The rest were below £376, so you can see there was quite a range. The highest priced one had new pads and was in excellent condition. Yours in the condition it is in would be fairly priced even at £800. As others have said, be patient. You may want to try listing it on Ebay U.S. to see if you get any takers.

A stencil sax use to be sold under the price of the original. A player that is looking for a curved Beuscher soprano goes for the real thing. A late TT is what most players want. Bueschers are popular among classic saxophonists.

I see that Melissa has "agreed" with jbt. That is very good advice indeed as Melissa resells vintage horns.