PPT mouthpieces

The door was open so I walked straight in

davidk

Paints With Notes
Locality
Earth
Hello

I've been a member of this forum for a while, posting the occasional message. However, I never rang the doorbell.

I've been playing the saxophone for over 20 years. I had regular private lessons on alto when I was at school, and later on bought a tenor and attended group jazz lessons for a period of about five years. Since then I've entered myself for grade and diploma exams (I've put a guide for this in the saxophone champions section of this site at http://cafesaxophone.com/content.php?256-UK-Saxophone-Examination-Options).

I've recently moved to Kent, and am looking for playing opportunities in the Tunbridge Wells area. Can anybody recommend any jam sessions, or does anybody know of any bands in the area who might be after a tenor player? All styles of music considered.

Many thanks

David

Well hello, come in, sit down, and I'll bring you a coffee over. Flat white is it? Expresso? Latte? .......

Unable to help with your question though I expect someone else will pop in shortly with some potential answers.

Mel

What fast service. A double espresso con grappa would be great right now, thanks. Lovely.

Hi David,
Thought I recognised the name. Tunbridge Wells is just an exotic sounding place to me so can't help.
Hope someone sensible can help. (Sorry MellowD I'm sure you're sensible almost all the time>:))

Don't blow the tenor near the pantiles, they'll shatter.

Bit cheeky wasn't it, must get Navarro to speak to the staff about leaving doors open.;}

Big welcome from me:)

Jx

Bit cheeky wasn't it, must get Navarro to speak to the staff about leaving doors open.;}

Big welcome from me:)

Jx

Your such a card Jeanette.:w00t: As it happens I do have an association with Tunbridge Wells. In 1909 an ancestor of mine. (Purveyor of coals. We don`t speak of him much.)} had his horse tethered outside `The Grove Tavern.` and was happily quaffing his pint of mild and meditating on the meaning of life. ( In his case the merits of a sack of nutty slack as compared to the same of sea coal.) As he loitered in the entrance to the tavern his coal dust begrimed face a veritable portrait of a contented artisan, puffing on his clay pipe. When he espied through his panda like pies (I thought it appropriate here to use the Cockney slang to give the tale authenticity.Plus said ancestor came from Bow.) a lady of middle age in some distress who was leaning heavily on the cockle and whelk stall which has stood outside the Grove since time immemorial.

My ancestor being of a kindly disposition inquired of the lady " Wot`s up luv Yer look like yer lost a shillin end found a tanner. Nuffins es bad es it seems, wots yer name darlin?" " Alexandra Caroline Marie Charlotte Louise Julia." she replied. "Cor luv a duck, yerve neerly got more names then thet village in Wales Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwyll-llantysiliogogogoch wer her indoors en me went fer a jolly lest August." "Oh you do make me laugh little man and have dispelled my sorrows without." She replied most regally." I must speak to Edward about this on my return home."

And of course the rest is history Tunbridge Wells became Royal Tunbridge Wells within the month. Regards Be kind to your Coalman and he might get you a Royal Charter. N.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Dave welcome to the cafe. I don't know if your close enough to Wadhurst, but there used to be a fantastic jam session there on a Wednesday night. I hope it's still going because it was bloomin' great!

If you do find any jam sessions on your travells, perhaps you'd like to add them to THIS MAP Enjoy yourself in the cafe.

David, check at the White Hart to see if they are still running theirs, they used to be very welcoming and really nice people. I think the guy who was running it was a guy called Gary (I'm not certain, it's been a few years since I was there!)

Back
Top Bottom