support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

The CaféSaxophone saxophone

Pete Thomas

Cafe Moderator
Commercial Supporter
After several years in research and development we are finally able to announce a companion for PPT mouthpieces, the Cafésaxophone saxophone, our own brand.

I now have an early prototype and hoping to get into production later this year. It's taken so long because it was not easy to find something good enough to put the brand name on, and at a price that is not as ridiculous as some we see these days. But I'm now very excited by this. Initially we will be releasing the professional "Barista" pro model. We are also hoping for a deluxe custom model. You will be able to specify many aspects of the keywork and finish up to (almost) a complete custom design - the instrument will be built to your specs. If all goes well there will also be a student model that blows all the others out of the water.

It has been a very long journey. What I've noticed while visiting the trade fairs at Namm and Frankfurt is how easy it is these days to source a decent instrument and have your brand put on it... BUT ...in order to be able to offer something just that little bit different (and dare I say "better") is not so easy. The problem I found with so many "off the shelf" stencilled instruments is they often have one or two aspects that really wows you, this one has everything I would ask for. It looks stunning as well.

Anyway enough honest yet somehow tantalising hype, we'll be providing more news, photos, sound clips soon. And if anyone is interested there will be pre-orders available with refundable deposit.

More news very soon...

Wow! Urm, will they be available in the US?

Initially they will only be available online, so yes all sales are therefore mail order and we ship internationally.

Online sales only means that we can sell for what would otherwise be a wholesale price, so you would be getting (at least) Selmer or Yamaha quality at probably around half the price.

Initially they will only be available online, so yes all sales are therefore mail order and we ship internationally.

Online sales only means that we can sell for what would otherwise be a wholesale price, so you would be getting (at least) Selmer or Yamaha quality at probably around half the price.
Whilst understandable it does go against the try before you buy advice.
Then I bought my Hanson tenor and alto without trying them first.
Speaking of of which will your warranty and service terms be as good as his?

Back
Top Bottom