All fees from subs and sales are given to special needs music education charities
SYOS

Thanksgiving in the UK?

Halfers

Finger Flapper
Subscriber
I hope you don’t! Do you?....... :eek:

It’s like a step up from those awful corporate Christmas cards that business’ send out (by email now but once upon a time it was hard copy...) bland, terrible design with the company logo at the forefront of the design. Now I switch on the TV and every brand is competing to wish me a happy Christmas. Some try really hard to impress. But you know they only want you for your money! Bah!
I shrivel in disappointment that the creative talent that goes into 'imagining' these adverts is wasted on tweaking the public's emotional strings, with the sole aim of improving the final Quarterly ratings of a retail outfit.

Targa

Among the pigeons
Subscriber
I shrivel in disappointment that the creative talent that goes into 'imagining' these adverts is wasted on tweaking the public's emotional strings, with the sole aim of improving the final Quarterly ratings of a retail outfit.
I have a few shares in M&S - please give generously at Christmas.

nigeld

I don't need another mouthpiece; but . . .
Subscriber
I don't think it's right that people start complaining about Christmas in November.

In the good old days, we didn't start complaining until the week before.

Alice

Psychedelic
Subscriber
Yes. This is the sad irony of the “Christmas message” from an advert... because it cares nought for anyone except itself, the greedy corporate monster.... like that green Slimer in Ghostbusters. Still..... going to a grotto now is an improvement to the ones I went to in the 1970s where I’d get electrocuted by bri nylon beards and clothing then choked to almost death on the toy I dug from a tub of sawdust afterwards.

Alice

Psychedelic
Subscriber
I don't think it's right that people start complaining about Christmas in November.

In the good old days, we didn't start complaining until the week before.
They were edging their tins of Christmas biscuits into the shelves at the end of the summer holidays!
:rofl:

Halfers

Finger Flapper
Subscriber
Yes. This is the sad irony of the “Christmas message” from an advert... because it cares nought for anyone except itself, the greedy corporate monster.... like that green Slimer in Ghostbusters. Still..... going to a grotto now is an improvement to the ones I went to in the 1970s where I’d get electrocuted by bri nylon beards and clothing then choked to almost death on the toy I dug from a tub of sawdust afterwards.
I'm not judging you, Alice, but do you not get quizzical looks from Santa's helpers when queuing up for your sit on Santa's knee :p

JazzMatt

Account Closed
Aldi's advert with Pascale the parsnip makes me chuckle.

"Right in the nuts".

I still maintain a healthy dislike of Moneymas though.

tenorviol

Full of frets in North Shropshire
Subscriber
I find it harder every year to summon much enthusiasm for christmas. Apart from the ridiculous levels of hype and demands to spend stupid amounts of money, it is really hard on those people who are single and live alone (and yes, I'm single and live alone).

Andrew Sanders

Northern Commissioner for Caslm
Subscriber
I find it harder every year to summon much enthusiasm for christmas. Apart from the ridiculous levels of hype and demands to spend stupid amounts of money, it is really hard on those people who are single and live alone (and yes, I'm single and live alone).
If you come and spend Christmas with us we'll make you happy you're single and live alone.

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
I personally love the thanks giving thing though we don't do it here I'm talking about basically the Christmas meal where the whole family would come together and your family seemed to double for a day with aunts and uncles and nieces a nephews turning up and unexpected but great all the same and the small table would be added to with another almost the right height and chairs were found to go round it some up some down and the meal was brought out from the little tiny kitchen that every one had crammed into to try and prepare it,then you tucked into the dried out turkey and burnt roasties etc etc and had a great old time,I just loved it all but alas it doesn't seem to happen these days the same it's a shame

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Today would seem an appropriate day for me to thank all our members who have renewed or taken out a café subscription. Due to work and personal pressures over the last few months I've not been sending my usual thank you email but please know your contributions are very much appreciated.

Normal service will hopefully soon be restored.

Jx

Saxholder Pro
Help!

Latest posts

Top Bottom