support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Accessories tenor sax cases

I'm looking into getting myself a new case for my tenor and wanted a bit of advice into what is good.

At the moment I have the one which came with the sax and looks a bit like this. Its quite good, it has backpack straps so its slightly easier to take to school, but I find it just a bit too bulky and heavy especially to take on the bus at least one day a week, usually more. The other tenor sax player at school has a case about half the size of mine and its much lighter.

The case I've found which I quite like the look of is the ProTec Contoured - PB305CT. It comes with a shoulder strap and backpack straps can be bought separately, but what I like most is the storage it still has even though its a shaped cases.

Would this be a good choice, or are there better cases out there?

I use a ProTec- love it... loads & lots of storage, pretty tough (if push came to shove a Hiscox is probably tougher- but it's good enough). It's about the only case I've ever found which will hold a sax stand (Aureum or Hercules)...

Hiscox.
The best. Lightweight, stylish and vitually indestructible.

I might not be looking at the right thing, but they look very large and only seem to have a handle (ie. no backpack/shoulder straps). Seeing as I have to take it to school a lot, sometimes even almost everyday, I'm looking for something that I can carry easily.

I would have to go with Jules's advice. After all, he works at sax heaven (although we try not to mention it too often as it goes to his head) So he probably has a good idea on what's on the market.
Good luck with your search.

I've got a Protec, bought from Jules very emporiuim, and it is great. Very tough and, as he notes, it even takes an Aureum folding stand in the side pocket. Short of being involved in a road traffic incident, I can't imagine what could seriously damage it.

Check out the new JACOB WINTER FIBRE GLASS shaped case's,they sell them at sax.co.uk and Howarths.I got the silver tenor and alto cases.there superb.Hiscox are also great but abit bulky.

I have the Protec case you refer to - it is for sale if you are interested - I would donate the 5% to the charity as per Pete's instructions. It is virtually unused - It came with a tenor sax I bought. I guess it's second hand value would be £95 given that they are on sax.co.uk for £165 new.

Thanks for the offer. I will let you know if I'm interested, still haven't decided whether I'm actually going to get a new case and if so which case to get, but thanks anyway!!

Back
Top Bottom