support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

SopJob says hello

SopJob

Hi,

I joined this forum yesterday because I liked the visual appeal and the friendly atmosphere.
I am a sax amateur since the age of 15 and have moved from tenor to soprano in 2007. Nowadays, I play the soprano almost exclusively. It is my favourite pastime.

Hey Hey SopJob ...

A big welcome to the forum mate ...

I'm just a beginner to all things making music ... Never played until I was 63 - lol ;}

I got loads to learn ... but this is the place for that ...

Cheers mate ... :cheers:

Hello SopJob!

Welcome to Café!

I have been a member here just a short while but already feel like being at home :) This Café sure is addictive ;}

Enjoy the friendly banter!

Kind regards,

Hi There!

A very warm welcome from the Skabertawe Horn Section, down here in Wales. I started on Soprano sax - a Rampone Cazzani straight. What instrument do you play. My main connection with Germany is using the Thomann online music site, mainly for mouthpieces, mutes and suchlike. I love Jan Garbarek on Soprano particularly, and some of the Portico Quartet music also.

Have a good time here!
Kind regards
Tom

My instrument

Hi Tom, thanks for asking. I have a straight Yanagisawa S-981 in brass and use the standard mouthpiece that comes with the instrument. The Rampone that I tried was a straight R1 Jazz. As I've said in my post, tone and tuning were excellent, but the low Eb and C keys were set too high for me. I could not place my finger properly on top or move the rollers. In addition, I had the impression that the sax had gathered some dust for some time. The silver was tarnished here and there, and I had no idea whether the surface had been lacquered or not. Initially, I liked the tone of the Rampone much more, but back then, I was a beginner on the soprano (plus an amateur at the same time). The Yanagisawa was much easier to handle. Besides, I knew that my sound would develop. I am now quite content with it. My favourite sop players are Sidney Bechet and Bill Evans. I also have a CD on which Gerry Mulligan plays soprano. It's fantastic and the only really good track on the CD. Kind regards, Frank.
Hi There!

A very warm welcome from the Skabertawe Horn Section, down here in Wales. I started on Soprano sax - a Rampone Cazzani straight. What instrument do you play. My main connection with Germany is using the Thomann online music site, mainly for mouthpieces, mutes and suchlike. I love Jan Garbarek on Soprano particularly, and some of the Portico Quartet music also.

Have a good time here!
Kind regards
Tom

Last edited by a moderator:

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom